Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Go to 37 minutes and watch

Flyer Beware. And cover your kids' ears, occasional grownup language.
Wow! I tried it the other day and the Fly app gave me a message that it wasn’t compatible with the Spark at this time, BUT I tried with WiFi only. I noticed he was using an OTG cable. Maybe it’s time I invest in an OTG cable.

Can anyone else confirm this- that it works with OTG?

Chris

Interesting but with the limited feature set is there any reason to be using that app ? Now if someone got the MM to work with DJI GO ;-)

I would think the feature set is limited on the MM but on the Spark the features might be enabled, otherwise you are right, there is no reason to switch.
I had been thinking of trying an OTG cable anyway so this might be a good reason to test one out.

Chris

I would think the feature set is limited on the MM but on the Spark the features might be enabled, otherwise you are right, there is no reason to switch.
I had been thinking of trying an OTG cable anyway so this might be a good reason to test one out.

Chris
I got from watching that he had the Spark powered up and ready before he launched the Fly app... I think that might be necessary.

I think you'll be pleased with the results. I wouldn't fly without one.
In the two years I’ve owned my Spark, I have never used an OTG cable and have never had a problem. My video feed has always been rock solid. May try it though. Any recommendations for a good cable from Amazon.ca?

Chris

In the two years I’ve owned my Spark, I have never used an OTG cable and have never had a problem. My video feed has always been rock solid. May try it though. Any recommendations for a good cable from Amazon.ca?

Chris
You're iOS right Chris? Seems most Apple users always report having a solid connection without OTG. Of course most Andriod users swear by them, myself included.

Chris

If iOS, this is perfect.

You're iOS right Chris? Seems most Apple users always report having a solid connection without OTG. Of course most Andriod users swear by them, myself included.
Yes, l’m on iOS and I have never experienced any lag on video. Thought I might try an OTG cable just for comparison and the possibility of using DJI Fly as it is newer software. One disadvantage to OTG would be that it is one more step to do to get Spark in the air which is something I don’t need while setting up in cold temps.

Chris

Reactions: RotorWash
Thanks, I’ll see if Amazon.ca has it.

Chris

I fly with a mini4 and had no problems via WiFi, except for Bluetooth interference from my wireless head phones.

That worked well until one day at a park I was flying and people would walk / jog close enough to me that I was getting BT interference from the fitness trackers or headphones that they may be wearing?

Ever since I made a solid connection with the OTG cable, I never had a BT interference warning, even when wearing my headphones.

Make sure you turn the WiFi OFF on the device.
Sometimes the Spark connects if the cable hasn't been connected yet.

I fly with a mini4 and had no problems via WiFi, except for Bluetooth interference from my wireless head phones.

That worked well until one day at a park I was flying and people would walk / jog close enough to me that I was getting BT interference from the fitness trackers or headphones that they may be wearing?

Ever since I made a solid connection with the OTG cable, I never had a BT interference warning, even when wearing my headphones.

Make sure you turn the WiFi OFF on the device.
Sometimes the Spark connects if the cable hasn't been connected yet.
Thanks for the tips.
I have a Bluetooth watch and if I forget to turn it off or leave it at home I’ll get Bluetooth interference. Will the 0TG cable allow me to keep my Bluetooth watch on?

Chris

Thanks for the tips.
I have a Bluetooth watch and if I forget to turn it off or leave it at home I’ll get Bluetooth interference. Will the 0TG cable allow me to keep my Bluetooth watch on?

Chris

Yes.

At least with my experience. :)

I wear my BT headphones that is connected to an Android phone in my pocket for phone calls while flying.

I occasionally listen to music at a low level while flying and never had a warning when using the OTG cable during the flight.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef