Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gold Coast Australia Drone Footage

Yeah mate made sure there were no obstacles where I was flying it. Wasn't close to anything even the surfers sign I was probably a good several metres from at least.

Nothing removes the need for the rule Mick, it's probably the #1 rule CASA have.
Early into next year there'll be testing on all this (rules etc) and licencing for hobbyists, some will not bother, not sure how all that intro will go really.

If you want to continue flying where / how you want, just be careful not to post on YT etc, and pray you don't pop a battery one day, have a fly away from magnetic interference, signal loss from wifi interference all through that sort of urban area.

There are tons of ways a drone can lose control.

I made a few mistakes early on too, flew in conservation park once, flew too close to people a couple of times, didn't know councils also ban drones from use on land under their authority in many areas (City of GC is one of them !).

Last you'll hear on it from me here mate, just think about it some.

I'm happy to have a chat on Conversation, if you'd like link to the GC council bylaws.
Rangers will warn or fine people "operating a model aircraft propelled by a motor" if spotted.

Nothing removes the need for the rule Mick, it's probably the #1 rule CASA have.
Early into next year there'll be testing on all this (rules etc) and licencing for hobbyists, some will not bother, not sure how all that intro will go really.

If you want to continue flying where / how you want, just be careful not to post on YT etc, and pray you don't pop a battery one day, have a fly away from magnetic interference, signal loss from wifi interference all through that sort of urban area.

There are tons of ways a drone can lose control.

I made a few mistakes early on too, flew in conservation park once, flew too close to people a couple of times, didn't know councils also ban drones from use on land under their authority in many areas (City of GC is one of them !).

Last you'll hear on it from me here mate, just think about it some.

I'm happy to have a chat on Conversation, if you'd like link to the GC council bylaws.
Rangers will warn or fine people "operating a model aircraft propelled by a motor" if spotted.

Not sure why you keep trying to put words in my mouth. At no point did I say there shouldn't be rules or they should be removed. Good luck to the council to try enforce a fine where the civil aviation authority says its ok to fly. Me and my old man took on Tattersalls and won not affraid of a city council.

Not sure why you keep trying to put words in my mouth. At no point did I say there shouldn't be rules or they should be removed. Good luck to the council to try enforce a fine where the civil aviation authority says its ok to fly. Me and my old man took on Tattersalls and won not affraid of a city council.

All cool Mick, you obviously are unaware of casa rules to fly, or don’t care, flying like that in that particular environment.
The 30m rule is laterally from people, not just above or a matter of 10m or whatever right over their heads.
Councils have bylaws that say you can’t take off or land from their land / property under their authority.
Footpaths are likely under that, along with park grounds etc.
You can probably get out of a council fine if diplomatic about it and move on, but many councils are pretty stringent, especially if flying close to people like that.
Enjoy the Spark but don’t stuff it up by giving authority reasons for even more stringent rules, for all of us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers