Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Good idea to fly?

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Was out for a walk along the Severn Estuary at Portishead near Bristol on Sunday morning. It was blustery although bright and my UAV certainly said No Fly. I was concerned to see a pilot with his new red Spark “waiting for a GPS signal” before taking off. He was on solid ground but about 2ft from a substantial 8ft high security fence made from galvanised steel. I had a word about the fence and its potential effect on navigation and general safety. I identified myself as a fellow Spark pilot. Point of this post is to say to him if he is a member, hope it went well and also to counsel using a more safe place to fly next time.

Seen in a lot of fly-away and near fly-away cases that the pilot continuously ignored poor GPS or compass error warnings. The Spark is a very capable drone with a whole bunch of features. But it doesn't have the brain of a human. It is up to the pilots to survey the surroundings, refer to apps like UAVforecast, see the info on the Go4 app and decide whether the conditions are suitable for flying.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme