Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Good News (?)

giolodovico

Join
Jan 3, 2021
I thought that without gps connection it was impossible to flight higher than 5 m high.
I was in a church and I tried to take several shots of a altarpiece that was at 5 to 15 m high. I wanted to test:
  1. the stability of the Spark
  2. The possibility to go higher than 5 m high without gps signal
2- at 5 m high the Spark warned me that it was impossible go higher, but after several attempts, he surpassed the limit (see photo taken at about 15 m from the ground)
1- for the stability as well the results are good, much better than by hand (see the general picture of th altar taken with a mobile phone). You need to leave the time to the Spark to stabilize before shooting.

I'd like to read about similar experiences.
Gio Lodovico Baglioni

Attachments

• __DJI_2765.jpg
    __DJI_2765.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 32
  • __FreeHandMobile.jpg
    __FreeHandMobile.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I had used my spark in the past for doing some interior shots. You are right about waiting for it to hover for a few before trying to fly it. I would also attach to prop guards in case it decided to become erratic. A couple of places would have a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I was always worried that it would take off on its own and crash into it. It never happened.

I agree Mirage.
I only had to move avay the obstacle avoidance to let the Spark moove better and ... I do not have prop guards and I didn't consider the possibility the Sprk become erratic... by chance (!) it didn't became erratic so far.
Thank you for your feedback, I'm quite new... :)

.. I do not have prop guards and I didn't consider the possibility the Spark become erratic...

Neither did I until I flew inside my house too close to the ceiling when the prop wash sucked it up and scooted it over to the wall like an air hockey puck at the same time. ?...?

No harm to anything as I used the prop guards and I was able to fly it out of the wash and land.

Prop guards are worth it and they make the Spark easier to carry.

but after several attempts, he surpassed the limit (see photo taken at about 15 m from the ground)

It may be possible to a establish a weak GPS signal inside a building at times and unlock the height restrictions of the VPS. Especially if you are near windows.

It just takes longer a time to do so.

When shooting interiors, I was never worried about the Spark crashing into a wall or ceiling and picking up the pieces. The Spark could be replaced. The interiors were not mine. I was more worried about crashing into someone else's property and destroying it. Most walls have photos or paintings, ceilings have chandeliers and many had tall plants. That is why I used the guards on the props. Before using the Spark, I would use the small Tello, which was easy to maneuver, but it only put out 720p and sometimes the video was a bit sketchy. The majority of the interiors were houses that cost a million or more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme