Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gordon Creek Railway Trestle

sharps45

Join
Apr 18, 2019
Built in 1912, this trestle has been out of use for awhile now, but is still a magnificent sight. Someone tried to burn it down years ago, and the damage can be seen starting at the 1:05 mark. Beautiful day for flying, even if a bit breezy. November has been nice, late October we were in single digits. Music by The Grateful Dead

Attachments

• DJI_0153aa.jpg
    DJI_0153aa.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
  • DJI_0144a.jpg
    DJI_0144a.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • DJI_0114a.jpg
    DJI_0114a.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 16
  • DJI_0105a.jpg
    DJI_0105a.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
that was cool it amazes me how those trusses can hold all the weight of a train. ?

Reactions: sharps45
As a child, I with my friends climbed under neath the trestle and waited for the train to go over.

It made my hair stand on end with paranoia as the locomotive and cars went roaring over our heads just below the railroad ties as the bridge creaks and shakes.

Fun stuff being young and stupid. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Amazing scenery and smoothly filmed. I almost can imagine a steamtrain running over this bridge. Chatanooga choochoo...

Great filming. Where is Gordon Creek? Google Maps doesn’t show it.
Googled it and it's in Carbon County, Utah standing 135 feet above the canyon floor.

I've never understood vandalism of any kind. Why anyone would feel the need to try and destroy something just for the sake of doing it makes no sense. Interesting subject, thanks for sharing.

I've never understood vandalism of any kind. Why anyone would feel the need to try and destroy something just for the sake of doing it makes no sense.

I'd like to know the answer too.

Wooden covered bridges were hit by arsonists in some of the counties in our area some time ago.
There's only a handful of them left.

The one near me that was built in 1890 didn't get hit and is now protected with a fire suppression system and surveillance cameras. :)

Although vehicles don't cross it any longer, it is open to pedestrians.

Nice video mate. It's a shame when people try to ruin old historic structures. We have an old aqueduct near where I grew up and they've totally fenced it in to stop people from damaging it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme