Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Graduated from the Tello yesterday.

joeke3el

Join
Jun 25, 2019
Hi everyone,

My Amazon order of the Spark arrived yesterday and I was able to get some flight time in. I find it to be the perfect balance of size and features for my needs. I like filming places of interest I travel to by motorcycle. The Tello was a great way to get acclimated to flying and where it's certainly not a Spark, there was enough learned with it to make this next step easier than had I not flown before. Looking forward to reading this site and hopefully contributing as well.

Joe

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, joeke3el.

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Reactions: joeke3el
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi everyone,

My Amazon order of the Spark arrived yesterday and I was able to get some flight time in. I find it to be the perfect balance of size and features for my needs. I like filming places of interest I travel to by motorcycle. The Tello was a great way to get acclimated to flying and where it's certainly not a Spark, there was enough learned with it to make this next step easier than had I not flown before. Looking forward to reading this site and hopefully contributing as well.

Joe
Great choice... I started with a few toy Drones ( that never could get to fly) then got a Spark... then for Father’s Day I got a Tello for inside flying, love both !!! Your gonna enjoy the Spark . Be safe and happy flying!!

Hi and welcome! The spark is an awesome drone! I Recently traveled to the islands of Hawaii and bought the mavic air. You really feel the similarity and DJI DNA in all the drones so I can imagine upgrading from the tello was easy.

Hi and welcome! The spark is an awesome drone! I Recently traveled to the islands of Hawaii and bought the mavic air. You really feel the similarity and DJI DNA in all the drones so I can imagine upgrading from the tello was easy.

Dominus,

The Tello was really a great start. With a base price of $99 it was well worth the investment. It offered enough to get me going and I was able to jump in with the Spark rather quickly because of it. The Tello is also outstanding in small and quiet areas where a larger drone will draw too much attention. I'm sure I'll still be reaching for it now and then even thought I have the Spark now.

Joe

Dominus,

The Tello was really a great start. With a base price of $99 it was well worth the investment. It offered enough to get me going and I was able to jump in with the Spark rather quickly because of it. The Tello is also outstanding in small and quiet areas where a larger drone will draw too much attention. I'm sure I'll still be reaching for it now and then even thought I have the Spark now.

Joe

Hi Joe,

The tello is a fantastic drone And flying it must be nice as it feels similar between dji drones. Because of the similarity it must have been easy switching. That’s what I meant with a easy switch in between the drones

Dominus

Dominus,

Joe
I made the exact same transition. Had my tello up for sale, but decided to keep it at the end. I still enjoy using the tello for quick fun flights. Just so much quicker to get in the air. I also think it helps with improving your overall drone skills. The damage, if any, in case of a mishap is minor compared to the Spark and higher level drones, thus the perfect learning platform.

The first thing I noticed the first time taking my Spark out of the box was how solid and well built it felt.
No cheap plastic and definitely not a toy drone.
Actually that was the second thing I noticed.
The first thing was how purdy my little red Sparkie looked.

Ahhh...the red ones go faster.;)

Just ask anybody with a red sports car.:D

The first thing I noticed the first time taking my Spark out of the box was how solid and well built it felt.
No cheap plastic and definitely not a toy drone.
Actually that was the second thing I noticed.

Even the boxes their stuff comes in is impressive. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit