Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Greetings from an oldie from NW England

BCF

Join
Oct 14, 2017
Hello everyone,

Just a quickie to introduce myself. I’m a silver/baldie oldie from the NW of England. I’ve been flying drones since the Phantom 2.

Currently have an Inspire 1Pro, Mavic Pro and only yesterday bought the Spark Fly More kit with the intention of selling the Inspire very soon as the overall weight of the Inspire kit is getting too much for a man like me in his mid-sixties.

So far I’m fairly impressed with the Spark. It works perfectly with my CrystalSky 5.5” tablet but for some reason I can’t get it to work with my Samsung S6 phone (either with or without the OTG cable). Still, that’s the joy of owing and running kit like these.

Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys re the Spark.

Hi, I'm new to the game and old and bald too (add 10 to yours!) but I have connected to the S5 and S7 OK. There is sometimes an issue due to the Sammies not seeing the USB and I have found it is best to wait a few seconds to let the app settle down before connecting to the phone. Both of my phone's bleep when a successful connection is made and don't when it's not. I am using the Samsung USB A to micro dongle supplied with one of the phones.
Hello everyone,

Just a quickie to introduce myself. I’m a silver/baldie oldie from the NW of England. I’ve been flying drones since the Phantom 2.

Currently have an Inspire 1Pro, Mavic Pro and only yesterday bought the Spark Fly More kit with the intention of selling the Inspire very soon as the overall weight of the Inspire kit is getting too much for a man like me in his mid-sixties.

So far I’m fairly impressed with the Spark. It works perfectly with my CrystalSky 5.5” tablet but for some reason I can’t get it to work with my Samsung S6 phone (either with or without the OTG cable). Still, that’s the joy of owing and running kit like these.

Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys re the Spark.

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

I had an s6 edge which is virtually the same phone. It worked flawlessly WIFI and OTG. it was a swine to set up though probably because I wasn't used to it.
Does your phone see the WiFi from the spark or spark and RC connected ( which will only show up as The WiFi for the rc)?
Please explain in a bit more detail what you are getting/not getting on attempting to connect. And I'm sure help will come.
I'm over 50 in the north west and I really enjoy the spark.

Hi, I'm new to the game and old and bald too (add 10 to yours!) but I have connected to the S5 and S7 OK. There is sometimes an issue due to the Sammies not seeing the USB and I have found it is best to wait a few seconds to let the app settle down before connecting to the phone. Both of my phone's bleep when a successful connection is made and don't when it's not. I am using the Samsung USB A to micro dongle supplied with one of the phones.
Thanks for the advice - now sorted but how I just don't know o_O

Reactions: Mike01Hu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme