Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Had my first run in with property owners.

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018
I 've just had a women and bloke come at me accusing me of watching there property with my drone. I'm absolutely fuming to tell you the truth. The women was a nasty witch man I mean what the hell. I was flying on local council field and I've already checked who owns the field that I've been flying from when I told them that they started started with the I flown it in there garden crap. Has anybody else run into these problems. Come on its not like im out there drinking taking drugs? I'm just trying to enjoy flying my drone I didn't even record videos I was just flying about in sports mode enjoying flying it in front of me.

I can totally understand your frustration. However in these scenarios it is best to remember to stay calm and try to keep the situation (and tensions) from escalating (easier said than done sometimes). One technique that seems to work well is to show the upset individual your screen, teach them about the drone, explain what you do with it and why you like to use it. Oftentimes folks first reaction is to get upset because of ignorance of the hobby. We are all ambassadors of our shared hobby and thus have a responsibility to educate and share with others. Happy flying! Cheers!

I just happen to own POV eyeware. The Pivothead Durango sunglasses. I record all unexpected encounters. And I remain calm and apologize if my aircraft had drifted somewhat. But also am quite focused on the actual flight and let the individual know how dangerous it is to be trying to carry on a conversation with my aircraft in the air.
I politely let the agressive individual know that I would be happy to speak further with them if a police officer could be present. I assured them, I was not breaking any laws and proceded to pull out my cell phone to call.
They immediately changed their tone, saying that would not be necessary. I then asked, so what area would you like for me to avoid? I had them there. It all changed.
It doesn’t work for every bonehead situation but it did this time.

Tell them to call the police if they have a problem, and that you’ll happily show the cops the footage as you’re not breaking any laws. Then if they carry on offer to do it for them. Usually shuts them up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis