Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark is...lost...kinda

Giantprawn60

Join
Jan 21, 2019
Well it happened...i lost my Spark...sigh
Today was very windy (a storm is around) but i decided to go for a flight before it got nasty. So i take off and off i go in one direction. about 900m later, i see a helicopter which looked pretty low.And it looked like it was on the same path as my Spark (which was at about 70m high).So i panicked and instead of pressing RTH on the screen and pressed Landing now and didnt notice my mistake. Then i see in the frame,a big white manor house.I panick even more realising that i will land in a super private property in the area.I press cancel but their is no connection to the drone.I lose transmission.back on.nope,lost again. the last image that i see is my drone hitting a 30m high tree in the garden of this place and the camera goes wild.then it's frozen.... so i decided to go there anyway and the gardener tried to help me find the Spark but we could'nt find it as it was lost in a pretty dense hooded area. after 1 hour i went home empty handed. I looked at the log(my device died just as we started looking for it)after charging the battery. And i realised that we were looking about 40m off of where the log says it lies...unfortunately,i'm leaving for 1 week overseas tomorrow.I sent a screen capture of the log to the gardener who helped me,asking if he could have a look in the new location but he hasn't replied yet.....don't think that i will ever see the Spark again...

Sorry about your Spark.

Go back now before you leave and keep looking, if allowed.

If not, the gardener may find it while your're away and surprise you.

Look up in the trees with a pair of binoculars because the Spark just might be hanging around waiting for a rescue or a brisk wind to blow it out, if it's there.

Best of luck to you.

Sorry about your Spark.

Go back now before you leave and keep looking, if allowed.

If not, the gardener may find it while your're away and surprise you.

Look up in the trees with a pair of binoculars because the Spark just might be hanging around waiting for a rescue or a brisk wind to blow it out, if it's there.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks Spark 317. It's a super private estate (read multimillion home owner with secret life and doesn't like strangers on his huge property). The gardener was nice to help find it in the first place and asked me to send him the footage so that he can have a further look. Maybe he will find it when I'm away but it is forcasted to rain for the next 10 days so even if found ,he won't be in the best of shapes...thanks for your comment though

Even multi millionaires will understand when you tell them you took a dive into their garden to prevent a risk involving a manned aircraft.
I would present the story and ask nicely! Bring a friend, four eyes search 100 times better than two.

I had lost my drone but found this very useful video

This might help you get back your drone.

Today was very windy (a storm is around) but i decided to go for a flight before it got nasty. So i take off and off i go in one direction. about 900m later, i see a helicopter which looked pretty low.And it looked like it was on the same path as my Spark (which was at about 70m high).So i panicked and instead of pressing RTH on the screen and pressed Landing now and didnt notice my mistake. Then i see in the frame,a big white manor house.I panick even more realising that i will land in a super private property in the area.I press cancel but their is no connection to the drone.I lose transmission.back on.nope,lost again. the last image that i see is my drone hitting a 30m high tree in the garden of this place and the camera goes wild.then it's frozen.... so i decided to go there anyway and the gardener tried to help me find the Spark but we could'nt find it as it was lost in a pretty dense hooded area. after 1 hour i went home empty handed. I looked at the log(my device died just as we started looking for it)after charging the battery. And i realised that we were looking about 40m off of where the log says it lies...unfortunately,i'm leaving for 1 week overseas tomorrow.I sent a screen capture of the log to the gardener who helped me,asking if he could have a look in the new location but he hasn't replied yet.....don't think that i will ever see the Spark again...

I don't understand the relationship between "900m later" and "70m high". Also, why do you think the helicopter was flying so low? Please clarify. Thanks

The helicopter most likely was much higher than you realized but always better to be safe. Unless there is a heliport near by and they are landing there they are always above 400 feet.

Hope you find it.

So sorry to hear about the lost Spark--I had good success in a situation where I lost signal and my drone wend down in the woods by using the 'Find my Drone' feature on the DJI GO4 app--took me right to it...hope you get lucky and the gardener locates it while you're gone..

JoeinWA711

Well gents,thanks for all the comments. Today the gardener texted me a photo. A sad one. He found the Spark exactly where the flight log recorded its last position, but with a broken arm(flapping motor), wet and a LED cover missing. Glad he found it ,shame about the result. I think I will try to glue the arm and see if it works.

Reactions: Spark 317
I think I will try to glue the arm and see if it works.

I would contact DJI and see what they say.

They will look at the flight log you submit and there's a chance you had a problem that may be warrantied.

A glued repair on a broken arm is not advisable.

The camera may be damaged and if the Spark was wet, you could have internal damage due to the moisture as well.

I would contact DJI and see what they say.

They will look at the flight log you submit and there's a chance you had a problem that may be warrantied.

A glued repair on a broken arm is not advisable.

The camera may be damaged and if the Spark was wet, you could have internal damage due to the moisture as well.
Good advise,i'll try to find their details and see what the say

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast