Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hangar for Spark???

Never heard of it, but now I am curious!

edit: Actually I have, the Hangar confused me.... Its good from what I hear, though I am a fan of Litchi. I split my flights between Litchi and Go4 these days.

edit: Actually I have, the Hangar confused me.... Its good from what I hear, though I am a fan of Litchi. I split my flights between Litchi and Go4 these days.

Ya I’m just looking for something free that I can use instead of Dji go 4 as I am looking for more features for free.(if that makes sense)

I'm a big fan of Litchi also. I do have a question and that is what if you or flying a waypoint mission and loose GPS for 30 seconds or so and then regain GPS. Would your spark resume the mission?

Nice video's on their website. I like the rising terrain shots and while I've never had an accident doing them...I've scared myself reviewing the videos. Some of those long tracking shots don't look like they are worth the effort. I think they seem pretty boring except to the person who chanced losing his drone doing them. IMHO of course ;)

I'm a big fan of Litchi also. I do have a question and that is what if you or flying a waypoint mission and loose GPS for 30 seconds or so and then regain GPS. Would your spark resume the mission?
Regarding Litchi, yes, once you start your mission, you can actually turn off your RC/phone, and the aircraft will complete the mission on its own. HOWEVER, any tilt up/down on the camera will not happen, as that is controlled by your smartphone/pad during the mission. If you just set the tilt where you want it at the beginning of the mission, it will hold that tilt angle during the whole mission just fine, and complete the mission on its own. Always make sure and set the last waypoint back to where you are, so you can regain control when it arrives back "home". Programmed altitudes are followed by the aircraft, even without a phone/RC.

Regarding Litchi, yes, once you start your mission, you can actually turn off your RC/phone, and the aircraft will complete the mission on its own. HOWEVER, any tilt up/down on the camera will not happen, as that is controlled by your smartphone/pad during the mission. If you just set the tilt where you want it at the beginning of the mission, it will hold that tilt angle during the whole mission just fine, and complete the mission on its own. Always make sure and set the last waypoint back to where you are, so you can regain control when it arrives back "home". Programmed altitudes are followed by the aircraft, even without a phone/RC.
Thanks for the reply. I have lost contact with my spark several times while flying Litchi waypoint missions and the spark did exactly what you said it would, but if it were to lose GPS for several seconds would it be able to regain position from a location outside the mission predetermined track once GPS is reestablished?

Thanks for the reply. I have lost contact with my spark several times while flying Litchi waypoint missions and the spark did exactly what you said it would, but if it were to lose GPS for several seconds would it be able to regain position from a location outside the mission predetermined track once GPS is reestablished?
Unknown. Maybe someone else with loss of GPS experience can chime in. You should never lose GPS unless you fly under a bridge, or under something else that will block most of the satellites. I always recommend running UAV Forecast (UAV Forecast) before flying to make sure you have plenty of GPS satellites in view in your area before flying. It also gives you wind gust predictions - although some folks on here claim it has a 50/50 accuracy rating. Works for me.
UAVForecast.JPG

Reactions: MarkBarnes
Absolutely correct. After launch, the whole flight is fully autonomous. The only thing the remote does is provide medium for viewing the ride along..

I have used both Litchi and Autopilot (aswell as Go4). They are both good for different things:

Litchi - waypoint and orbit missions. Easy to program. Set heights, Point of interest. Spark will complete mission even if signal is lost (check settings before flight), it tells you mission time (allow leeway for wind), can create curved turns and some nice smooth shots. The orbit mode is better that dji as it focuses on a GPS position, not an object via image processing.

Autopilot- best app for tracking mode as it can track the GPS in your phone not a visual object. As such it holds tracking much better that Go4 and doesn’t lose tracking. It has masses of functions in waypoint mode, but needs guaranteed signal to continue on a waypoint mission, if it loses signal the aircraft will stop in place (it won’t complete the mission without connection to control, as the mission is not full uploaded to the drone). Follow mode can also track altitude changes of your phone and change the drone heigh accordingly ( I don’t know if the sensor still works so I’d only do it in an open area).

So currently i use the apps for different things:

Go4 - photos including HDR, Pano and 360 pano. Quickshots, Tripod Mode.

Litchi- waypoint and orbit

Autopilot- follow (tracking mode)

Reactions: Haggi and RotorWash
I have used both Litchi and Autopilot (aswell as Go4). They are both good for different things:

Litchi - waypoint and orbit missions. Easy to program. Set heights, Point of interest. Spark will complete mission even if signal is lost (check settings before flight), it tells you mission time (allow leeway for wind), can create curved turns and some nice smooth shots. The orbit mode is better that dji as it focuses on a GPS position, not an object via image processing.

Autopilot- best app for tracking mode as it can track the GPS in your phone not a visual object. As such it holds tracking much better that Go4 and doesn’t lose tracking. It has masses of functions in waypoint mode, but needs guaranteed signal to continue on a waypoint mission, if it loses signal the aircraft will stop in place (it won’t complete the mission without connection to control, as the mission is not full uploaded to the drone). Follow mode can also track altitude changes of your phone and change the drone heigh accordingly ( I don’t know if the sensor still works so I’d only do it in an open area).

So currently i use the apps for different things:

Go4 - photos including HDR, Pano and 360 pano. Quickshots, Tripod Mode.

Litchi- waypoint and orbit

Autopilot- follow (tracking mode)
I use both the “Gofer” and Litchi as well. Love the the Litchi. Never had any problems at all. Especially like the ability to simply load and go, fully automatic to the bird. Gofer, not so much. Purchased the Autopilot and still attempting to read all through the doc (Flight School) without falling asleep! Almost made it past the 3rd paragraph. (Note to self: Try no doze tablets!) I am looking forward to eventually testing it! I use intend to use it (same as Gofer and Litchi) on both my MA and Spark. Now, if only I could find a way to automatically keep the flight logs all in the same place!!! Received an iPad mini 5 as Daddy’s Day gift from daughter. Love it for flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar