Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hardware hack Remote Control

Did you like my hack?

• Woho!

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Nooooooo!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Already done, I'm way ahead of you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jontelinkan

Join
Mar 2, 2019
Here's a "hack" that I'm quite happy with.

My problem is that when I attach my phone to the "arms" of the RC the brackets cover parts of the screen which makes it difficult for me to navigate easily, i.e. swipe downwards and upwards from the screen's top and bottom. It stresses me and what I wanted was something similar to a foldable extender for a tablet, BUT those still cover the short edges of the phone I realised after bying one.

Anyhow, I took the end of a selfie stick, where you attach the phone. Bought a metal bar (5mm diameter) and cut it. Two connecting screw-nuts (see pics). Screw them tightly, fixing the phone holder. The screw-nuts where just the exact thickness as a phone so they slided in nicely in the brackets.

Here in cold Sweden I also had problems with my phone running out of battery fast so on the back of the phone holder I put velcro and on the powerbank and voila, problem solved.

Just thought I'd share it.

PS. The pics are in random order from how I uploaded them DS.

What would be really cool is a phone bracket that incorporates a Qi wireless power bank (like this one) so that you could still use an OTG cable while keeping the phone charged ...

Reactions: jontelinkan
Here's a "hack" that I'm quite happy with.

My problem is that when I attach my phone to the "arms" of the RC the brackets cover parts of the screen which makes it difficult for me to navigate easily, i.e. swipe downwards and upwards from the screen's top and bottom. It stresses me and what I wanted was something similar to a foldable extender for a tablet, BUT those still cover the short edges of the phone I realised after bying one.

Anyhow, I took the end of a selfie stick, where you attach the phone. Bought a metal bar (5mm diameter) and cut it. Two connecting screw-nuts (see pics). Screw them tightly, fixing the phone holder. The screw-nuts where just the exact thickness as a phone so they slided in nicely in the brackets.

Here in cold Sweden I also had problems with my phone running out of battery fast so on the back of the phone holder I put velcro and on the powerbank and voila, problem solved.

Just thought I'd share it.

PS. The pics are in random order from how I uploaded them DS.

Can't see the pictures in the app

This is what I wanted to ask. Is it possible to use OTG cable between your phone and RC and charge phone at the same time?

Good question!

I put my Samsung Note 8 on its wireless charger, plugged the RC into it and turned it on. It appears to be charging from the wireless charger (the "charging" light on the charger is lit) and the RC shows as connected.

So I think the answer is yes ... with the qualification that I don't have any way to test the wired charging capability. You'd probably need some sort of franken-cable to make that work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme