Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Has anyone used Gamevice Controller for iPad with a Spark, and/or Tello?

mano

Join
Jul 20, 2018
Loc
New York
I just piked up a Tello as a gift and am debating whether to buy a controller to go with it. In researching the different controller models I came across this Gamevice for IPad controller, and thought it might be a cool way to fly the Spark with an IPad instead of using a tablet mount in the Spark controller.

Has anyone used the Gamevice Controller and if so, how does it compare to the stock Spark controller? Here's the one I'm speaking of...

Gamevice Controller for DJI Spark and RyzeTech Tello - DJI

I have used the Nimbus Steel Series controller for Tello which is the same technology as the GameVice in a different form factor. I've also used the DJI remote control for the Spark extensively.

The DJI remote is far superior because it communicates directly with the aircraft using a boosted wifi radio signal. The GameVice/Nimbus however connects to the phone by bluetooth which in turn controls the drone using just the phone's wifi.

The boosted wifi of the RC is less prone to interference, dropped signal and has greater range than the phone/GameVice setup - so it's better for the Spark.

The Nimbus/GameVice is great for Tello because its joysticks have better "feel" than glass phone screen virtual controllers.

In my experience best results by using the different controllers for the different drones.

Reactions: mano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis