Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Has this happened to you?

Glumone

Join
Aug 1, 2017
Loc
Boston, Ma
i was out flying the spark and noticed I was getting some interference issues. I happened to look over and about 200 yards away was a group using remote RC cars. Wondering if somehow the interference I was getting was caused by the additional controller traffic. Flown same location a few times and never had it happen before. Interference consisted of a short loss of video on the RC controller, also got a warning to turn off Bluetooth devices, as well as a choppy feed for a short time. Again not sure if the additional RC controllers could have something to do with it, not a huge issue but just an observation.

Interesting. I’ve flown my Mavic and Inspire around R/C airplanes at the model Airport and have filmed an outdoor 8th scale R/C car race without issue...

Ok was probably other RDs close by. Bear in mind that spark uses wifi to connect and mavid uses digital radio totally different methods

Aircraft still uses wifi between the drone and rc

I'm aware, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm talking about the connection between the display and remote. OP: Was it WIFI or were you using the OTG cable setup?

I'm aware, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm talking about the connection between the display and remote. OP: Was it WIFI or were you using the OTG cable setup?
I was commenting about this post... Ok was probably other RDs close by. Bear in mind that spark uses wifi to connect and mavid uses digital radio totally different methods

The interference could between the controller and the drone or your mobile phone and the controller unless your were using the OTG cable.

The interference could between the controller and the drone or your mobile phone and the controller unless your were using the OTG cable.

^^ This ^^^ (the second part). Not really sure what the Wombat is going on about. Has nothing to do with what I was asking.

Can someone please elaborate the need of an OTG cable? How on earth will that improve range from the controller to the quad? The phone is 0.001m apart from your wifi spot (the remote) all the time regardless of how far away the quad is from the remote.
So please, can someone give me a technical explanation why an OTG cable will increase range?

Reactions: Javier
^^ This ^^^ (the second part). Not really sure what the Wombat is going on about. Has nothing to do with what I was asking.
I suggest you go to spec savers as there is no one using the handle Wombat. I was not answering your question but the original question from Glumone if you think it was me

I suggest you go to spec savers as there is no one using the handle Wombat. I was not answering your question but the original question from Glumone if you think it was me

Look up a few posts: User Wombatclay. And FYI I was agreeing with your post. Now get YOU to the eye doc.. If the Wombat was any closer it would have bit you! LOLOLOLOLOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena