Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

HD quickshots

ramphalvishal

Join
Jul 20, 2020
Hi everyone! Hope you are all well and safe.
I need some urgent assistance please. I can't seem to save HD quick shots on my device. I do understand that quickshots are processed by the app and as such will not be on the drone's SD card. When I try to download a pop comes on the screen stating that both unedited and generated footage will be stored. Even so, the quickshots downloaded are still not HD, only the original clip is in HD that has no quickshot effects on it. Please may someone assist. Thank you!

• All shots (QuickShots and manual photos and videos) are stored simultaneously on your smartphone and the SD card onboard the SPARK.
  • The broadcast from the SPARK to the smartphone is just in 1280 x 720 px (already called "HD", but it is the lower end of the scale. For TV it was once called "HD ready"), the media on SD is in max. resolution (3968 x 2976 for photos (more than 3840 x 2160 "Ultra High Definition" or "4K" but less than "4K Digital Cinema Initiatives" with 4096 x 2160) and 1920 x 1080 ("Full HD") for videos ).

On my Android phone the QuickShots are just half as long as they should, according to DJI's technical specifications. So they seem to be recorded in time lapse. That confused me in the first days before I checked the media on SD card - there everything is just fine.
But now I see an advantage in that effect: If you immediately share those shots e.g. via WhatsApp, they are smaller to send and for some holiday greetings to friends they are good enough. ;)

The quickshots are generated by the app
That sounds right for the SPARK's moves to shoot these videos and for the command to start and stop the shot, but taking the videos is exactly the same as shooting manually - from the physically point of view. The app just controls the camera with some automated commands. The image processing is the same as for manual recordings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme