Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DashWare Help

nilanjan118

Join
Oct 31, 2018
I recently came across a software called DashWare which is used to overlay telemetry data on videos.
Here is a small clip from the first video I created with it.
However, I found that the altitude info displayed is not correct. I had uploaded my flight log to Airdata UAV and downloaded the GPX file to use in the software.
I am sure there are people in this forum who have used this software.
Can someone please help me to get the correct altitude data?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Nielsen
Have not seen that before - will give it a look. I was wondering what I was going to do today with it being -9F outside :cool:

That's neat..What computer platform is it for and any cost?
It is free. You can download it from here.
The website says - DashWare is a Windows PC application, but it also runs on Macs under VMware, Parallels or Boot Camp.

That’s cool! I’m going to try it! Thanks!
Have not seen that before - will give it a look. I was wondering what I was going to do today with it being -9F outside :cool:
Once you do, please let me know if you are getting correct altitude data.
Here is a video which may help you get started.

I finally got to the root of the "problem" I was facing. The GPX file generated from Airdata stores the ASL altitude only. What we see on the Go4 app live view is the AGL altitude. So I think we need to use some kind of a GPX editor and subtract the take off altitude from each of the altitude values to arrive at the AGL altitude for each point.
I think the telemetry data overlays created with DashWare can be a very good addition to videos which are recorded using waypoint missions.

What is ASL (did you mean MSL)?
MSL altitudes are measured from a standard datum, which is roughly equal to the average altitude of the ocean. So, an aircraft traveling 5,000 feet directly above a mountain that's 3,000 feet tall would have an altitude of 5,000 feet AGL and 8,000 feet MSL.

Anyway - I'm sure you are correct.

Reactions: nilanjan118
What is ASL (did you mean MSL)?
Wanted to say Above Sea Level. But you are right. MSL is the correct acronym.
Also, going by your mountain example, if you are flying your Spark from the top of that mountain, the take off altitude displayed by Dashware will be 3000 feet. So in order to show the AGL altitude, we need to find a way to edit the GPX file and subtract 3000 feet from all the altitude values.

Reactions: digitalmouse

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe