Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello everyone! need help here!

alex222

Join
Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone!

I was using this used DJI Spark back here in Italy, where i live.
I bought it second hand online on the E-bay, it worked **** (like 20m signal lost) since the beginning so i found out after a while the problem was with the CE setting.
Managed to switch to FCC with the FAKE gps trick, and it has gone perfectly (500m height, 2k distance).
Now the problem begins,
I changed my phone to an Huawei P8 lite, and havent used the drone for like 2 months.
Now, i installed dji go4 on the new phone.
i want it to be back in FCC so i tried the old trick, founding out that was not working.
So in the last 6 hours i tried everything i found, reinstalling DJI go4 several times;
used 3 different fake gps app;
Downloaded 3 different modded dji go4 mod, only to find out that either them or my phone sucked (they install and run but freeze and shut down after opening)
tried 15 times different combination between OTG/no OTG gps locations ecc ecc ecc

None worked. i can trick my GPS for a second maybe just to show me an US map on the left bottom corner but then suddently he knows i'm not there.
I think the RC knows that i'm ******* with him and the latest update must have fixed something.

So, using it with CE is completely useless here, and so i used my only card left, register here and ask for help
I could use some :) Thank you

When I bought my Spark (also used on ebay), I found my LG phone had been taken off the compatible list by DJI. Fortunately, my son in law still had a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge+ he no longer used. I cleaned up the files/apps, installed Go 4 and use it exclusively for flying.

Check here to see if your phone is on the list of compatibles:

DJI list of compatible phones & tablets

Reactions: alex222
Thank you guys for the response!
ye, the problem is not the phone, in which dji go4 runs smoothly,
The problem is about the trick i did to get in FCC (Fake gps, switch WLAN, back to normal gps).
it just seem not to work anymore!

Thank you guys for the response!
ye, the problem is not the phone, in which dji go4 runs smoothly,
The problem is about the trick i did to get in FCC (Fake gps, switch WLAN, back to normal gps).
it just seem not to work anymore!

Being in Japan, I have been using the same trick to fly in FCC mode. I have flown with 2 phones so far and when I switched to the 2nd phone, I remember that I didn't have to fake the location again. The RC which remains in FCC mode and you only have to hit CANCEL on the Go4 app everytime it asks you to change connection mode. Although the latest I flew was 10 days before, I don't think there has been any firmware/software update as recent as that for this trick to not work anymore. So I would suggest you to try faking the location with your old phone again and then try using the new phone. Remember that you simply have to install the Go4 app on the new phone. The fake GPS app is not required on the new phone.

EDIT: Also if I remember correctly, I was not able to set the fake location while using OTG. So make sure your phone (preferable old one) is connected to the RC by WiFi, set the fake location and then launch the Go4 app. After you have done this once and confirmed that the switch has been successful, try using the OTG cable. And just fyi, I used an app called Floater.

Last edited:
Being in Japan, I have been using the same trick to fly in FCC mode. I have flown with 2 phones so far and when I switched to the 2nd phone, I remember that I didn't have to fake the location again. It is the RC which remains in FCC mode and you only have to hit CANCEL on the Go4 app everytime it asks you to change connection mode. Although the latest I flew was 10 days before, I don't think there has been any firmware/software update as recent as that for this trick to not work anymore. So I would suggest you to try faking the location with your old phone again and then try using the new phone. Remember that you simply have to install the Go4 app on the new phone. The fake GPS app is not required on the new phone.

EDIT: Also if I remember correctly, I was not able to set the fake location while using OTG. So make sure your phone (preferable old one) is connected to the RC by WiFi, set the fake location and then launch the Go4 app. After you have done this once and confirmed that the switch has been successful, try using the OTG cable. And just fyi, I used an app called Floater.
Well, so it seems that the problem were the GPS app I was using.
Floater solved the problem and now I'm back on FCC so I can go back to fly again!
Thanks a lot my Japanese friend, and equally thanks to the others repliers who tried to help me!
Grazie

Floater solved the problem and now I'm back on FCC so I can go back to fly again!
Thanks a lot my Japanese friend, and equally thanks to the others repliers who tried to help me!
Grazie

This a great place for ideas and help!

Glad to hear you got the Spark to spread it's "wings" and be free.

Grazie

You are most welcome. Btw, it's your Indian friend in Japan. ?

I was using this used DJI Spark back here in Italy, ... and it has gone perfectly (500m height, 2k distance).
Now the problem begins,

So the regs in Italy are direct line of sight and
  • Drones being flown for recreational purposes may not fly more than 70 meters (230 feet) above the ground, and drones being flown for commercial purposes may not fly more than 150 meters (492 feet) above the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast