Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Toronto

I think DJI has a simulator app for your PC that you hook your controller to your PC via there OTG cable. I've never used it, maybe someone else can chime in. I used just the DJI app without the controller in beginners mode and found that very safe and easy to use.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland cookiemonster26.

If you are flying with an Apple device, the Flight simulator should still be active in the Go4 app and is great for learning the controls and the data on the screen of the Spark, as well as the Return To Home functions.

The Flight Simulator was discontinued a while back with an Android update, but may be available if you want to download a later version of the Go4 app for Android.

The Flight Simulator is accessed when the Spark is powered up ready for flight ( best to take the props off JIC ).

The top right of the Start Up screen shows a few lines that is a menu to different stuff and under the Academy tab is the flight simulator. If I remember correctly. ?

Good Luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: RotorWash
Welcome to the forum cookiemonster26, I love cookies too ? Nice to see a new pilot wanting to take a cautious route to first flight. ? One step at a time and you'll be spitting videos and pics up here faster than Sparky in sport mode! Good luck!

Welcome to the forum! :)

What worked for me on my 1st drone flight was having another pilot with me as i got my feet wet . I waited till my son in law came to oshawa to babysit me in my 1st flight.

Reactions: jimlips
Best get your “feet wet“ and have a go. Welcome to the Forum. There are some great guys and gals on here full of help, advice and encouragement. You’ll love it.

The Spark is a great starter drone, and very forgiving. Just go to a local park, or someplace with no trees (like a nearby field), and have at it. Don't try anything crazy, just try taking off, flying in a circle, flying in a straight line, then landing carefully. Make sure to NOT take off from any kind of concrete or anything that may have metal (rebar) in it, as that will confuse the compass.

Do NOT make the mistake of flying in the house, or the garage, or the back yard. I've known too many new pilots that crashed their drones doing that. You need lots of room when you are new. Practice with slow and gentle controlled movements.

@Henry has a great recommendation above, try to find a local pilot that can help you on your first flight for pointers.

Hi Folks. Hope everyone is doing well.
Just got a DJI spark last week with the RC. total newbie and scared to get my feet wet right away. is there an app that can virtually help me learn the controls? like going up and down or sideways?
thanks and stay safe!
Good Afternoon From neighboring Mississauga. the controllers are easy to get use to . I would recommend the first time you flight set your DJI go 4 app to beginner mode this way the drone will not fly too far or fast from you. get used to the controls this way. I would also download the UAV Forcast app as this gives you weather info and satilight info less likely to have a flight away when using your drone if you consult this app. Before flying make sure that your compass on the drone is calibrated correctly and that you have turned your phone or tablet to flight mode and don't have other programs running in the background. Don't wear a Bluetooth type watch that may all so cause interference. The spark in Canada also needs to be registered and a pilots certificate is required to fly legally .. Have fun flying. Stay safe

Good Afternoon From neighboring Mississauga. the controllers are easy to get use to . I would recommend the first time you flight set your DJI go 4 app to beginner mode this way the drone will not fly too far or fast from you. get used to the controls this way. I would also download the UAV Forcast app as this gives you weather info and satilight info less likely to have a flight away when using your drone if you consult this app. Before flying make sure that your compass on the drone is calibrated correctly and that you have turned your phone or tablet to flight mode and don't have other programs running in the background. Don't wear a Bluetooth type watch that may all so cause interference. The spark in Canada also needs to be registered and a pilots certificate is required to fly legally .. Have fun flying. Stay safe
Hi Folks. Hope everyone is doing well.
Just got a dji spark last week with the RC. total newbie and scared to get my feet wet right away. is there an app that can virtually help me learn the controls? like going up and down or sideways?
thanks and stay safe!
Hi cookiemonster from Australia,there has been some good advice so far and I would like to add my little bit, first there are lots of good advice in the tutorials on google, next select learner mode , don’t go high probably 2 or 3mtrs max fly forward and back , side to side, till you are sick of it, then do figure 8 ,don’t fly to far away, Also up and down don’t go to high, the reason I say stay low is if You make a mistake or wind thermals come through or something else goes wrong there is less chance of crashing or loosing sight of sparkey which will cause panic. If this happens having selected your return to home altitude hit the return home button, and hope. I hope this is useful advice .Best Regards, Engie.

Reactions: jimlips
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland cookiemonster26.

If you are flying with an Apple device, the Flight simulator should still be active in the Go4 app and is great for learning the controls and the data on the screen of the Spark, as well as the Return To Home functions.

The Flight Simulator was discontinued a while back with an Android update, but may be available if you want to download a later version of the Go4 app for Android.

The Flight Simulator is accessed when the Spark is powered up ready for flight ( best to take the props off JIC ).

The top right of the Start Up screen shows a few lines that is a menu to different stuff and under the Academy tab is the flight simulator. If I remember correctly. ?

Good Luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:
Thank you for this post!! I was losing my mind not seeing the simulator under Academy. Why in the world would they remove it? So they can sell me one instead? Any recommendations for a commercial one for Spark?

Reactions: Spark 317
Any recommendations for a commercial one for Spark?

You might give this a shot, DJI's flight simulator.

The Spark is listed as supported aircraft and there's a free trial version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme