Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Virginia - GIS to drone

jefferson3

Join
Jan 5, 2018
Hello fellow SparkPilots from a currently chilly Virginia! I just got my first drone after years of following the DIY UAV/UAS community and seeing the technology advance. I come from the GIS world so I am very use to looking at the world from above in the form of aerial, satellite, and hopefully some drone photographs. My job has started to investigate the uses of drones and the data they can collect so I am extremely excited to test even the tiny Spark to see how it does! If nothing else I am happy to get some flight time under my belt finally.

I know that this thing was marketed as a "selfie" drone, but given the advanced hardware and software that is actually in it there are many more capabilities that I hope to test so you'll probably see me poking around the forums doing things that aren't "officially" supported!

Even though I just joined today I have been reading a lot on this forum that has helped me understand where things are and how the Spark works. A big retrospective thanks!

Reactions: BobfromNYC
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Welcome from snowy PA

Thanks! I wish it weren't this cold as I'd love to get more flight time in, but as soon as I get it up and take my gloves off so I can use the touch screen on my phone my fingers are starting to go numb. It will be a long march into spring.

Thanks! I wish it weren't this cold as I'd love to get more flight time in, but as soon as I get it up and take my gloves off so I can use the touch screen on my phone my fingers are starting to go numb. It will be a long march into spring.
No RC (remote Controller)?

No RC (remote Controller)?

I do have the remote for sure, but with things like changing the camera settings you need to be able to use the phone (Galaxy S6 Edge in my case) and I don't have the "fancy" gloves with touch capabilities while worn. Might have to invest in a pair!

Reactions: jefferson3
Amazon sure has an answer for almost any issue doesn't it? ;-)

I was mainly being stubborn and trying to keep using my old gloves under the guise of "if it ain't broke..." but then I realized that in this case they are indeed "broke". So a pair of "drone gloves" is in the near future for sure.

Thanks!
I have tried them yet...they're still sitting in the package on my desk, but they got great reviews.

I have tried them yet...they're still sitting in the package on my desk, but they got great reviews.
A lot of the reviews are saying they don't work well in cold temperatures. I found that to be the case with other gloves like these that I've tried during the wintertime.

A lot of the reviews are saying they don't work well in cold temperatures. I found that to be the case with other gloves like these that I've tried during the wintertime.
Ugh...you really know how to bring a guy down! ;).

If they work well for you, let me know. I'm still looking for a good pair of gloves...

If they work well for you, let me know. I'm still looking for a good pair of gloves...
I'll give them a try tomorrow. Only thing is that I'm using a CS now and the screen isn't very sensitive, especially in the corners.

The touch functionality doesn't work well in the cold or the gloves just don't work well in the cold (at keeping the hands warm)? If its the latter than that is still better than nothing, if the former than that is indeed a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast