Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help with next drone

Troy.Spark

Join
Dec 30, 2018
I can’t decide on my next drone. I was waiting but it seems fate and bad pilot error has seen fit to bump up my time line. Can’t decide between a Phantom 4 pro or pro V2 or a Mavic pro V2. Rest In Peace Spark I will miss you.

sorry-crystal-ball-is-broken.jpg

Honestly, how are we supposed to help you make a decision without knowing what your needs are? :rolleyes:

sorry-crystal-ball-is-broken.jpg

Honestly, how are we supposed to help you make a decision without knowing what your needs are? :rolleyes:
You right didn’t think about that. I wish too use it for videos and stills for personal use I would go back with another spark but I have found that it loses connection quite often even with it only being 40 feet away or straight overhead. I have never had an issue with control I just lose connection. And I had the control with a OTG cable. I want a something with Occusync and that can handle a higher wind speed here in Ohio as when I get above the trees battery life dramatically drops.

Reactions: MarRoh
My wish-list is solid on the Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Putz
Had a spark for a year, bought an MP1 and love the additional flight time and features. However I regret selling my spark and will probably end up buying a new spark in the future. Depending on what you will be using it for, you can get good MP1's online with several accessories for cheap. I looked on Craigslist and ebay for almost 5 months before I bought mine.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Plenty of good 2nd hand Mavic Pros and Mavic Pro Platinums out there, as many are 'upgrading' to M2P and M2Z, plus Airs . . .

Though I read a LOT of flyaways and crashes of all the new Mavic lines, especially so the Air with wifi.

Good deals can be had on new MP and MPP, with flymore package (a really worthwhile addition).

I too love my MP(1), have platinum props on it and it's SO quiet ? :)

If I was looking again, I think the MPP is a great performer with slightly more flight time and the perfect motor (ESC setup) for the 8331 props.

Don’t forget that DJI might introduce the Spark 2 this year, might be one to consider

You right didn’t think about that. I wish too use it for videos and stills for personal use I would go back with another spark but I have found that it loses connection quite often even with it only being 40 feet away or straight overhead. I have never had an issue with control I just lose connection. And I had the control with a OTG cable. I want a something with Occusync and that can handle a higher wind speed here in Ohio as when I get above the trees battery life dramatically drops.
I see, now we're talking about possibilities. ;)
Only the MP2 should be "future-proof". For the other candidates you mentioned, there will probably be no further firmware updates/improvements. And as we can see the new smart controller also works only with the newest DJI drones. So if money doesn't matter, the MP2 is the clear choice.
Personally I am also satisfied with my MP1, even if the quality of the camera cannot keep up with that of the MP2. As far as flight characteristics are concerned, it's no less than the MP2, the MP1 handles winds also like a champ.
Personally no Phantom would come into question for me because it is too bulky. But the flight characteristics and the camera quality are of course very good.

I'd go to YouTube and check out some reviews of the drones. Think it'll make it easier for you to choose the right one.

I have DJI Mavic Pro Platinum, and I'm delighted with it, so I recommend you to buy it. It's a brand new drone, but I know a few people who bought it already. Its characteristics are hight, so is the price, but it worth it. You can also check other DJI drones, like Mavic 2 Zoom or DJI MATRICE 100 and choose the best for yourself. It all depends on your purpose of buying it.

I’m happy and sad to report that I purchased a New MPv2 zoom. I’m sad about my poor wallet but super excited about the zoom

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme