Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help with quick engine shutdown method

KnightRyder786

Join
Dec 26, 2018
Please help. I had an accident yesterday while attempting to fly indoors.
My spark got into ATTI mode and when I just started the engines and took off to around 0.8m it just drifted off and went into a cupboard. This caused breakage of 3 of my props.
By the time I was able to shutdown it was too late. What will be the quickest way to kill the engines, like some sort of emergency STOP?
I now need to order spare blades as I am still waiting for my prop guards to arrive.

Please help. I had an accident yesterday while attempting to fly indoors.
My spark got into ATTI mode and when I just started the engines and took off to around 0.8m it just drifted off and went into a cupboard. This caused breakage of 3 of my props.
By the time I was able to shutdown it was too late. What will be the quickest way to kill the engines, like some sort of emergency STOP?
I now need to order spare blades as I am still waiting for my prop guards to arrive.
Grab it from behind and turn it 90 degrees...

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, KnightRyder786 and TwiggyLobster.

DJI have or had a CSC (Combination Stick Command) that allows mid flight shut down on some of the drones and I think it is listed in the manual but it's been disabled on the Spark.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

....my spare prop container from a cassette tape case.;)

Screenshot_20180724-084309_Gallery.jpg

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, KnightRyder786 and TwiggyLobster.

DJI have or had a CSC (Combination Stick Command) that allows mid flight shut down on some of the drones and I think it is listed in the manual but it's been disabled on the Spark.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

....my spare prop container from a cassette tape case.;)

View attachment 8244

What's a cassette tape? Do they still manufacture those cases?

:p

Reactions: Spark 317
Sorry this may not help much, but on my 2nd flight, the same thing happened to me while outdoors. My Spark took off, hit the deck on the back of my house and I lost 2 props (even with my guards on). If I had just remembered the Pause button on my RC, I would have had time to stop the flight path before the crash.

Lesson learned, I've used that Pause twice since and as soon as I questioned what the Spark was doing.

Combination stick command doesn't work anymore. That was a very early DJI protocol that has been removed from the software through later updates.

Sorry about your incident. However sadly, with the price point of the Spark coming down, many are buying it and treating it like a toy drone.

who can grab a drone that's out of control that quickly AND WITHOUT LOSING A FINGER OR? push sticks down and inward instant abort (and crash) but better to lose a prop than a digit.
Exactly. It's much safer to fly in a location where there are no nearby obstacles (like outside).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena