Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hey from S.E. Asia

Best iOS app for Spark

• Autopilot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Litchi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MileHighSi

Join
Oct 8, 2017
Just joined today, after following a few links around the web. Nice little community by the looks of it. I'm new to drone flying and so the Spark is perfect for me. Hoping to learn a few tips and tricks from this forum. Here's a link to my first video, taken in Japan this summer (not entirely drone footage):
I'm looking to up my game, especially for travel videography. I'm also hoping to use my Spark to help journal a 750km cycling trip this December. I'm considering 3rd party apps and the two most popular appear to be Autopilot and the curiously-named Litchi. I particularly like the idea of route planning ahead of time and active tracking (though DJI Go seems to do a reasonable job of this). Any experience with 3rd party iOS apps - is there a preferred app amongst Spark users?

Last edited:
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

is there a preferred app amongst Spark users?
It's not a 3rd party app, but I prefer DJI GO 4. It does everything I need it to do.

Reactions: MileHighSi
I use auto pilot and it’s pretty simple to use. Sounds like a fun trip! Can’t wait to see your footage

Reactions: MileHighSi
It's not a 3rd party app, but I prefer DJI GO 4. It does everything I need it to do.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree, the DJI Go is good. It probably does 95% of what I want from an app, which is why I'm hesitating to invest elsewhere. If only they'd introduce route-planning/sharing. There are some shots I'd love to get that just won't be possible with thumbs alone (especially whist riding a bike haha) and Active Track seems just a little too automated for more specific shots.

I use auto pilot and it’s pretty simple to use. Sounds like a fun trip! Can’t wait to see your footage
Thanks for the feedback! How have you found route-planning with Autopilot? Here's a typical shot I have in mind for my trip: panning around a mountain side, keeping focus on a slow moving subject (bike, 30km/h, the route of which I can reasonably anticipate) - starting off tight-ish and ending up wide - gaining altitude all the time, in keeping with the mountain. Is it doable and how much effort are we talking to plan this ahead of time, having never physically been to the area before? Essentially I'm trying to avoid faffing around in the middle of a hot day trying to get a shot right, draining batteries, etc. when I should be riding my bike.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit