Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hi/Hola! A brand new Argentinian pilot!

dariomove

Join
Aug 3, 2018
Hi! I’ve purchased my spark just 2 days ago, I’m very happy with it!

Concerning battery.... I’m testing my spark with snow and mountain, very cold weather (its winter in Argentina and we are enjoying snowboard and ski) [emoji7]

Battery drained so fast, 10 minutes of flight, when I fly over an iced lake battery drain so fasttttttt, it’s incredible!

But I’m very very happy, here we have FCC as in the USA.

[Spanish]A mis compatriotas pilotos tienen algo grupo armado??? Avisen!

81682A87-6A70-4B98-A100-EFF81C393DC7.jpg

Reactions: Sparkster
Hi, cold affects battery performance, 10 minute flight is a little shorter than normal. If it was windy over the ice lake your spark has to work harder to stay on track, giving even less flying time. You may not notice the wind standing on the ground, while up above the trees the breeze is strong.
Don’t forget to share some pictures.

You are right, it’s very windy, today almost all ski resort were closed due to wind.

I will prepare some photos and videos! Patagonia is incredible!

Hola... 12 minutes is about average for normal conditions. Hope you are enjoying your winter.... sounds like mine in about 5 months! brrrr!

If you are new to drones, best read as much as you can here about Flyaways, compass errors, interference.... use a pre-flight checklist and avoid the mistakes of others. Fly Safe!

p.s. great rug!

Hola... 12 minutes is about average for normal conditions. Hope you are enjoying your winter.... sounds like mine in about 5 months! brrrr!

If you are new to drones, best read as much as you can here about Flyaways, compass errors, interference.... use a pre-flight checklist and avoid the mistakes of others. Fly Safe!

p.s. great rug!

I’m reading everything [emoji20], I’m a bit scared, but I’m in beginner mode.
I have 4 flights right now, I’m switching to the bad side as soon as possible [emoji83]

I notice some interference with the Apple Watch....

It’s scary for most people at first, fly how & where you feel confident. As your skill increases you will fly faster, & farther. Then you will be wanting to fly smoothly & more precise, to get that perfect video.

Concerning battery.... I’m testing my spark with snow and mountain, very cold weather (its winter in Argentina and we are enjoying snowboard and ski)

Keep the batteries warm in your pocket. Don't let them get cold.

I keep mine in a fleece pouch that is hung around my neck and inside the coat when I fly in cold weather.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Fly safe.:)

MY understanding is Ptagonian winds are hihg and freqeunt. Avoid flying in high winds, and always fly the outbound leg of your flight into the wind so you have the wind at the rear of the ac on the way back to home point. RTH into the wind can be really use battery power and the ac will force land at battery of 10 percent. Keep it in sight and grounded when wind are over 20 mph.( which is a bit high itself, but doable if you abide by the downwind rule on rth.
Looking forward to seeing photos of your area. Just a place I can only imagine.

Nice photos.

I dig the winter scene (with a shovel).:)

Nice start. The spark's strengths are forwards, backwards, up, down, and sideways, its weakness is yaw (panning) unless you can go super super slow... which is what Tripod mode is for, even still, its lacking two things, stabilization on that axis, and bitrate.... so if you are going to pan/yaw on your videos, keep that in mind. Always better to film really slow, then speed up in post if you feel you need to. Slo mo does not work well with 30fps Some have found that slow yaw mixed with changing altitude smoothly at the same time improves the visual when yawing.

Great spot for photos. I can see in the 5th photo the wind was strong enough to make it difficult for your Spark to keep steady. I’m guessing that you were keeping your batteries warm prior to use, my spark refused to take off because of a cold battery, & I wasn’t near any snow.

Great spot for photos. I can see in the 5th photo the wind was strong enough to make it difficult for your Spark to keep steady. I’m guessing that you were keeping your batteries warm prior to use, my spark refused to take off because of a cold battery, & I wasn’t near any snow.

Yeahhh, low temperature affects a lot the battery! I didn’t imagine it.

It’s a lesson learned [emoji5]

Beautiful. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme