Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

how do you focus a Spark ?

Flash

Join
Jun 24, 2017
Loc
Melbourne Australia
how do you focus a spark to take a still foto ?

with a mavic you tap on the area you want sharp ?

But not sure if there is a similar thing you can do with the Spark it pops up a small circle with a padlock logo

within it, if you tap it locks the exposure, do you know if this tap will lock focus as well ?

thanks

There is no way to focus the camera. Like the older DJI Phantom models, you just point the camera and shoot.

how do you focus a spark to take a still foto ?

with a mavic you tap on the area you want sharp ?

But not sure if there is a similar thing you can do with the Spark it pops up a small circle with a padlock logo

within it, if you tap it locks the exposure, do you know if this tap will lock focus as well ?

thanks
It’s a fixed focus camera!

It’s a fixed focus camera!

So if it is out of focus or short focusing it needs to be replaced right ?
Check out this image, bush & foreground is in sharp focus, the rest of picture unsharp !
Keep getting answers from DJI support telling me to remember it is a selfie drone ???
My first spark was really sharp overall !
I'm opening a case ! What do you guys think ?

DJI_0098.JPG

Reactions: Reneng
try using the shallow focus option in camera this will give some great results, but for a non focus camera i dont think that pictures all that bad? and your not going to get the same results as a auto focus camera like on the Mavic etc but i still think the spark is great for these kind of photos.take a look at this one i took when the good old UK police pulled over to see what i was doing lol IMG_2981.JPG

Heck, that would be a good promotional photo for DJI and drone pilots in general.

Good job:)

Reactions: wayne peek
Thanks Wayne, nice shot there,
wish mine was as sharp, but I wasn't using the shallow focus option on my sample, I was just trying to get a sharper shot overall, not just the bushes on the left !
I really believe my camera lens is faulty ?

So if it is out of focus or short focusing it needs to be replaced right ?
Check out this image, bush & foreground is in sharp focus, the rest of picture unsharp !
Keep getting answers from DJI support telling me to remember it is a selfie drone ???
My first spark was really sharp overall !
I'm opening a case ! What do you guys think ?

View attachment 2065

I don't see any focus issues with the sample you provided. I copied the image to an image editor and blew it up by 250% and I can clearly see all of the sailboat masts, power lines, and the large and small signs on the side of the green building, I just can't make out the lettering. I compared your sample to photos from my spark and they look comparable as far as focus goes. Keep in mind the marina looks to be considerably further away than the bushes and so of course the background isn't going to have as much detail as items that are closer to the camera, especially with just a 12 MP camera..

Reactions: Vilco
I also think that picture is quite sharp and a nice picture as well. You have to remember that even a fixed focus camera will still have varying depth of field depending on the aperture the camera selects. You could manually control the aperture (f stop) to a smaller opening, (higher number) and then of course a lower shutter speed, which would increase depth of field.

Have it your way.......but it is never too late to learn something.
How quickly people become insulting when they're not standing face to face. I was trying to end this politely by agreeing to disagree, but you felt that you had to win. You tell me it's never too late to learn something. That goes for you as well. Your original statement said that to a degree you can fix fuzzy images. That also means that to a degree you cannot. That's the part I was referring to. Must we continue?

How quickly people become insulting when they're not standing face to face. I was trying to end this politely by agreeing to disagree, but you felt that you had to win. You tell me it's never too late to learn something. That goes for you as well. Your original statement said that to a degree you can fix fuzzy images. That also means that to a degree you cannot. That's the part I was referring to. Must we continue?
Improvement on a marginal photo is what I was offering.........if you are not willing to accept that.....so be it......have a nice life.

I also think that picture is quite sharp and a nice picture as well. You have to remember that even a fixed focus camera will still have varying depth of field depending on the aperture the camera selects. You could manually control the aperture (f stop) to a smaller opening, (higher number) and then of course a lower shutter speed, which would increase depth of field.
Sorry Lawrence, but the Sparks aperture is set, I am of the opinion that it cannot be altered !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena