Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How I rolled back DJI GO4 app in IOS 11.2

shutter13

Join
Dec 1, 2017
Pretty much before I ever opened the Spark for Christmas, I knew I wanted to use an OTG cable. It seems like a no brainer, to me, that a wired connection between my device and the remote will be more robust and reliable and resistant to interference, than a wireless connection. So I tried to roll back the DJI GO4 app on my iPad and my iPhone. I was stymied, because I was on IOS 11.2.1 and I was using the iPhone X, I went through all the steps, only to be told the older version of iTunes would not connect to my devices.

Today I found a solution. I'm sure some of you already knew this, this is for the ones that don't.

Apple removed the apps section in iTunes 12.7, all the instructions I had to roll back the apps used iTunes 12.3.xx. Apparently Apple released (re-released??) 12.6.3 in order for businesses that control the apps on their phones, and it will work with iPhone X.

At any rate I followed the instructions on this video by youtube user digdat0.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9d3XHI8Vn3mnsGUctM54dA
I had issues with Charles not interrupting the download, I found this video, by the same user, resolved that issue.

iTunes 12.6.3 can be found as an official download on this apple support page.
Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes

I used ifunbox to back up my flight logs and flight record.

I have done this on my iPad and taken my Spark on a test flight, it worked fine and the "weak signal transmission" error was gone.

I take no responsibility for anything that may happen if you follow these instructions (outline), good or bad.

I would also recommend turning off automatic updates in your itunes & app store settings.

About page for DJI GO4 app iPhone X
image1.png

About page for DJI GO4 app on 2017 iPad
image1(1).png

Sounds interesting and good news because I was under the impression that DJI had somehow "interfered" with OTG directly in the Spark's firmware as I got issues with my Android device using an old 4.1.9 version of the app...

Are you saying you can't use otg using the most up to date firmware on the spark and up to date dji go version? I am using iPhone 7 with OTG and everytthing is up to date and it works fine.

Are you saying you can't use otg using the most up to date firmware on the spark and up to date dji go version? I am using iPhone 7 with OTG and everytthing is up to date and it works fine.

No, otg works, but there is an error. The “weak transmission signal” error. If DJI go4 is reporting a weak transmission signal, when there is none...what else is it misrepresenting? I have decided to simply work with it the way it was intended. I let the app update a day or so ago.

No, otg works, but there is an error. The “weak transmission signal” error. If DJI go4 is reporting a weak transmission signal, when there is none...what else is it misrepresenting? I have decided to simply work with it the way it was intended. I let the app update a day or so ago.

I do get the weak transmission signal error when using OTG. I have to try my long distance flight without OTG and see if there truly a difference in distance. But you are correct on DJI misrepresenting the facts when the transmission signal is not weak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme