Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to credit Purple Planet Music-it’s royalty free

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. Does anyone here use Purple Planet Royalty Free Music? One of you does as I got the site from a previous post. I think they are based here in the U.K.Their music I find suits my stuff BUT I can’t work out how to replicate their Creditation requirement into my films. They seem to need their web address which is fine (a straight copy and paste presume) but also the YouTube logo. Not at all sure how to do that. I have successfully downloaded the track I want to use-it pops into iTunes and I can add it from there into iMovie which I use to edit. Any pointers gratefully received. PS I emailed them and they haven’t replied.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

The way I read it twickers is all you need to do for attribution is add the following line ...

Music: "https://www.purple-planet.com"

... as text (without the quotes) in the description area of your YouTube video when you upload it. You can add attribution within your video if you like but that line has to be added as text in the description area so YT's bot will find it and allow the music to check ok with copyright. The YT logo is not required anywhere but their instructions can seem to indicate that.

yt-description .jpg

Last edited:
Thanks RW. It’s not clear is it? I post so few vids I am not sure where the description area is but I can look out for it. On the vids I have posted so far I have just put a credit in for the music I am using usually in the final frames where I say “Another MikeyB production”, music by Ealot or Satin Jackets for example. I think I might try re-posting my Bigbury vid in the next few days with new music from Purple Planet and the credit you describe and see what happens. Watch this space and thanks again. PS have you listened to any of their music-up your street?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers