Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to make The best Possible Photos with your drone

Roy Rogers

Join
Feb 21, 2019
The Mavic Mini has a 12mp Camera so it takes really good photos anyway but if your wanting to Take near Professional Quality Photos here is an easy but effective way to do it .

This photo was taken and Enhanced with editor. It looks good enough but places like the top right are over exposed
1-3_edited.jpg

This is the Same Photo " so to speak " but instead of Enhancements it is a HDR photo Merged together .
1-1-HDR-2.jpg
Not only are the colors bright vibrant and sharp but the over exposed places are gone .

So if you don't know how to do this , it isn't too hard and make your photos look impressive . I hope this will tell everyone that would like to try this how.
1. in DJI Fly after taking your 1st photo , hold your finger on the darkest part of the screen and Auto Focus AF will adjust to the dark ,then take a photo . Next touch and hold a lighter section part AF will adjust , take a 3rd photo . do it quickly as possible so the 3 photos will line up. Then more photos with different lighting the better but I found 3 works best for me and saves time
.1-1.JPGNormal
1-2.JPGUnder-exposed
1-3.JPG Over Exposed

Ok now we have our 3 photos . you will need a photo editor to merge them now . I use Lightroom and I have used Microsoft Photos before but it takes more steps .
In LightRoom add your 3 photos ,left click the 1st one while holding shift , slide your mouse to the 3rd one and left click . Now right click to bring up the menu , scroll up to merge and choose HDR in the sub-menu . and like magic you will have a perfectly exposed , professional looking photo .

If you like this or found it helpful drop a dollar in the Hat . Thanks DJI Forum.

A couple more photos done using this method ...
6-2-HDR.jpg2-1-HDR.jpg4-1-HDR.jpg5-1-HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Great post Roy, unfortunately the pics aren't showing up for some reason. Dagnabbit!
Perhaps they were still loading cause they are showing now. Nice that you put in all the pics and not just the final result. Thank you sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy Rogers
The Mavic Mini has a 12mp Camera so it takes really good photos anyway but if your wanting to Take near Professional Quality Photos here is an easy but effective way to do it .

This photo was taken and Enhanced with editor. It looks good enough but places like the top right are over exposed
View attachment 12222

This is the Same Photo " so to speak " but instead of Enhancements it is a HDR photo Merged together .
View attachment 12223
Not only are the colors bright vibrant and sharp but the over exposed places are gone .

So if you don't know how to do this , it isn't too hard and make your photos look impressive . I hope this will tell everyone that would like to try this how.
1. in DJI Fly after taking your 1st photo , hold your finger on the darkest part of the screen and Auto Focus AF will adjust to the dark ,then take a photo . Next touch and hold a lighter section part AF will adjust , take a 3rd photo . do it quickly as possible so the 3 photos will line up. Then more photos with different lighting the better but I found 3 works best for me and saves time
.View attachment 12229Normal
View attachment 12230Under-exposed
View attachment 12228 Over Exposed

Ok now we have our 3 photos . you will need a photo editor to merge them now . I use Lightroom and I have used Microsoft Photos before but it takes more steps .
In LightRoom add your 3 photos ,left click the 1st one while holding shift , slide your mouse to the 3rd one and left click . Now right click to bring up the menu , scroll up to merge and choose HDR in the sub-menu . and like magic you will have a perfectly exposed , professional looking photo .

If you like this or found it helpful drop a dollar in the Hat . Thanks DJI Forum.

A couple more photos done using this method ...
View attachment 12224View attachment 12225View attachment 12226View attachment 12227
Wonderful explanation & guidance.I really appreciate help like this?

I did not know one can combine the three photos to make the HDR. Very nice. The spark actually has a function to automatically take 3 photos with different exposures, so that makes it even easier!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme