Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to view .DAT file flight log

Dronason

Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 28, 2017
Loc
Switzerland
I had a strange flight were I lost the connection from my tablet (no RC) and the Spark didn't return home as expected. I was having my phone that was accidentally connecting to it after the tablet lost the connection (I suppose). I want to understand what really happen and I cannot used the log file from tablet as the link cut off.
I got the .DAT file from the flight recorder using the DJI assistant but I don't found a way to upload or convert it to a .TXT so I can upload it to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/.
Maybe @msinger has as usual a very good advise?

Is there any other ways or off-line tools to view .DAT file for the Spark?
If it's a true DAT flight log file, you should be able to read it with DatCon.

If it's a true DAT flight log file, you should be able to read it with DatCon.
I tried but it says in pre-analyzing the data file:
Using Datacon 2.5.2 (latest).
I first got a big .DAT file from the DJI assistant and Datacon said it contains more than one flight DAT file. I used ExtractDJI.exe to explode it in individual flight .DAT file."Spark\Log_files\DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-06-30_21-32-20.FLY36.DAT is not an acceptable .DAT file because it Unable to determine AC type"
So I assume that Spark is not currently supported or the format is not the same as the others.

Ask Budwalker for help over at PhantomPilots.com or MavicPilots.com. He's the creator of DatCon.

Reactions: Dronason

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran