Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Howdy - Checking in....

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Hey Sparkers.... Long time no read! I have all my Spark batteries charged up, going to check out some filters on the spark cam this week. However, until then, you can check out the Freewell Anamorphic ND16 lens I just got for the Mavic Air 2.... if you like.... its pretty cool. Even in 1080p it has a film like look to it. Watch in 4k if you have it.

Hope all are doing well, been busy with pandemics and home renovations, nice to see the Spark community is still humming along....

Please watch on YouTube if you can, like and subscribe if you wish!

Take care.

Welcome back for a visit Robin.

I crashed my Spark about a month ago and it flys fine, but the camera gimbal is fudged and giving errors.

I can manually point the camera before take off and see the world at an angle. ?

I'm going to dig into it try to replace the gimbal when I get some time. I'm not giving up on the Spark. It's been too good to me.

I'm still new to the MA2, even though I've had it for about a year.

Thanks for sharing the view from up North. It looks bigger with the lens. Very nice.

Michael

Oh my! Not a happy day for your Spark indeed. Since I last posted the wind has been relentless, so I have not made good on my Spark promise yet. The M Air2 can challenge much stiffer winds, I did one more anamorphic flight with some different settings in the wind, its less of a worry than flying the Spark in the gusts. I have the video ready to post, but my Internet is so slow these days I have to wait until I can get into town at my son's place. 60fps this time.. it really is smooth.

Good luck with the repairs.
Welcome back for a visit Robin.

I crashed my Spark about a month ago and it flys fine, but the camera gimbal is fudged and giving errors.

I can manually point the camera before take off and see the world at an angle. ?

I'm going to dig into it try to replace the gimbal when I get some time. I'm not giving up on the Spark. It's been too good to me.

I'm still new to the MA2, even though I've had it for about a year.

Thanks for sharing the view from up North. It looks bigger with the lens. Very nice.

Michael

Reactions: Spark 317
Mighty fine looking picture Robin! ? Nice flying!
Thanks.... now that the lockdown has been lifted I just have to find the right weather to get out into the wilderness again and do some more.

Reactions: RotorWash
The anamorphic lens is certainly nice, cinematic view enhanced for sure.

So this was the ND16 again, are they also available for other levels like 4, 8, 32 ?
The 16 seems to have suited your 2 videos above very well, nailed the 60FPS and 1/120 shutter.

The Air 2 (and 2s) look like great drones, perhaps the best drones DJI have put out for size, stability, and photo / video ability.

The anamorphic lens is certainly nice, cinematic view enhanced for sure.

So this was the ND16 again, are they also available for other levels like 4, 8, 32 ?
The 16 seems to have suited your 2 videos above very well, nailed the 60FPS and 1/120 shutter.

The Air 2 (and 2s) look like great drones, perhaps the best drones DJI have put out for size, stability, and photo / video ability.
Not sure if they have those ND levels yet or not, I had to wait a while to get the ND16... I would expect they will at some point. I'd go for an 8 and 32 down the road for sure. Now if they made one for the Spark, that would be cool too. I am happy with the MA2, it has been a great progression from flying the Spark for 2 years .

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit