Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I don't trust spark

maumau

Join
Feb 28, 2018
New guy here to the hole Wi-Fi drone thing can't you put your phone on plane mode and just use the spark WiFi I know my Tello does that and it works fine with no Interference...
Tello suffers a LOT from wifi interferences and weak wifi, especially with the latest update that allows 30m high

ChristoffB

Join
Jan 14, 2019
Loc
South Africa
72 flights, 7h23m45s, 35km. Only once I experienced a remote controller disconnection. Spark RTH successfully and on its way back the controller reconnected and I was able to land safely. My guess is that it was due to wifi/bluetooth interference as my phone was not in flight mode during that specific flight... Other than that I do not have any issues whatsoever!
Ok, so, I might have spoken too early... See my post here.

Long story short - stay out of mist/fog!

Although you can see it as 'pilot error' due to the fact that I was caught in the fog, I still don't think the Spark should have descended at such a high speed. Would it have been slower, I might have been able to catch it.

Anyways, it still hurts just thinking about it!

SlowSL

Join
Apr 26, 2019
Loc
Bristol, IN
I may have also spoken too soon. Last week I took a flight, and while flying forward, no yaw or roll, and relatively close range, no obstructions, I had a complete signal loss for 11 seconds. The AC initiated a RTH. Once I regained a signal, I tried to cancel RTH three times, all unsuccessfully, it just kept on coming home. About 8 seconds later, a yaw error occurred, and it just sat there in ATTI mode. I was finally able to take control of it at this point and continue traveling back, and eventually, it switched back to P-GPS. 2nd flight, while moving from hovering to forward flight, 8 seconds later, it again received a yaw error and switched to ATTI mode. This was hundreds of feet of altitude, I don't know where magnetic interference would occur. Had I not been able to reconnect during the 1st flight, I would be out looking for the downed Spark. I fly fine in ATTI mode, but my worry is losing the signal and getting a yaw error at the same time. This also puts a damper on Litchi missions that are close to or beyond RC range. After some searching the forums, yaw errors seem to be a problem with the Spark.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominus