Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I found a great deal on PolarPro filters

Ebay seller contacted me, sending replacement. No questions asked. PolarPro vs Ebay seller = 0-1
Sorry to hear that you got a damaged set but glad to hear that the seller is sending a replacement. :D

Reactions: Haggi
Sorry to hear that you got a damaged set but glad to hear that the seller is sending a replacement. :D
Thanks!
Will most likely add some solder and Airfix paint to the "defect" part.
Certainly not bin it!
Replacement in the mail. No worries.

Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks!
Will most likely add some solder and Airfix paint to the "defect" part.
Certainly not bin it!
Replacement in the mail. No worries.

So they don't want the first set?

If that's the case, then it's a SWEET DEAL times two. :) :)

Indeed ;)

Seems like we get better support outside PolarPro.
They cover their asses with "Items bought from unauthorized resellers will not be covered under warranty."

In our country there is no authorized dealer of PP, just a couple (2-3) DJI stores.
And closest is 250 miles away from HomePoint.

Then there is local resellers of DJI drones/accessories. They've got PP filters for sale.

A likely scenario would go like this if filters was bought locally:
  • Phone/Mail to reseller: "Contact DJI, we just sell them filters"
  • Phone/Mail to nearest DJI: "Contact PP, we just sell them filters"
  • Phone/Mail to PP: "Do you have proof of purchase?"
  • Me: "Here is a photo of the receipt"
  • PP: " But this is a receipt from an unauthorized reseller, not DJI. Contact reseller, you are not covered by warranty"
  • Me: Searching Ebay for a great deal.
It's a shame...
Sorry for the rant.

Mine came yesterday. Can't find anything not to like about them.

Support from Polar Pro? Won't worry about it as I spent a whole $16 on them.

I don't see them listed anywhere on Polar Pro's site. Perhaps they're some they made then dumped thinking there was no market, or perhaps somebody trying to use their name to sell their own filters?

Reactions: graywoulf and Haggi
I don't see them listed anywhere on Polar Pro's site. Perhaps they're some they made then dumped thinking there was no market, or perhaps somebody trying to use their name to sell their own filters?
Vivid Collection - Cinema Series | Spark
Spark is discontinued, prob why you cannot find them.

@Spark 317 Yeah! Very pleased with the outcome from these filters. Had a chance to make a short run with the ND8/PL yesterday.

So, I looked all over for filters for my Spark. Only now do I find that Polar Pro had them.

I have a set now
71.gif

Reactions: Spark 317 and Haggi
So, I looked all over for filters for my Spark. Only now do I find that Polar Pro had them.

I have a set now
71.gif
Great set of filters.

The rotational polarizer ring is not set by default, you have to adjust the ring according to your need and taste.
You can risk totally dark screen/footage.
I adjust them on my car stereo screen (old bimmer) by holding them like they are mounted on a horizontal gimbal.
Any led screen will do the job, even your phone/tv/device (most likely).
By looking at the "screen" through the filter I rotate to total dark both directions, then rotate to center ("open" at horizontal).
Adding a small marker at ring and housing will help presetting them when mounting in the wild.
When in use I only rotate them to taste.
Remember to shoot in Manual mode, Auto would really make a mess.

Reactions: graywoulf
Yes, polarized filters sometimes have different effects depending on the direction of the light.

Reactions: graywoulf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav