Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I know this is Spark discussion ;)

pmshop

Spark Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 6, 2017
Loc
Fredericksburg, Texas, USA
Web
www.youtube.com
But most of my friends are here.
Got everything signed sealed and delivered for my 3,000ft flight to capture nitrous oxide rockets reaching Mach 1 +.
The rocket group (Systems GO!) has the authorization up to 10,000ft with the FAA, I have authorization from Systems GO! to "piggy back" their FAA authorization and DJI has unlocked my altitude limit for my Mavic Air.
Now, just praying for good weather!!!
2017, 40mph @3K AGL
2018, a feather could have dropped straight from 3K AGL.
Got this with what I called the Albatross - 7lb hulk with 30 min flying time (marker 1:38)
No launches captured though.
1) misfire and
2) took me longer to get up than I thought...speed accelerated for effect to match the planned 750cm/s vertical speed

Sounds like a VERY interesting project.

What A/C are your flying from DJI that will hit the 3K mark?

Looking forward to some very cool data from your work on this project. Keep us posted.

Freakin' awesome! So I know you did this last time with your Spark, 3k? but not sure you went that high, cant recall. Out of curiosity, what position did you have your antenae for this ? Did you lay on your back? How's yer neck! ( lol )

So do we get to see the rockets red glare in the next video?

Reactions: RDS
Sounds like a VERY interesting project.

What A/C are your flying from DJI that will hit the 3K mark?

Looking forward to some very cool data from your work on this project. Keep us posted.

Just the straight up Mavic Air controller.
Maybe with reflectors.
Since we will be in open air country, going to manually select the best 2.4Ghz channel.

Freakin' awesome! So I know you did this last time with your Spark, 3k? but not sure you went that high, cant recall. Out of curiosity, what position did you have your antenae for this ? Did you lay on your back? How's yer neck! ( lol )

So do we get to see the rockets red glare in the next video?

The first part of the video is a Spark.
From the time mark posted is the home made quad.
I had a Taranis 9XD + Controller for that mission.
I had the controller antenna parallel to the ground and the craft antenna mounted to the CF Frame parallel to the ground too

The first part of the video is a Spark.
From the time mark posted is the home made quad.
I had a Taranis 9XD + Controller for that mission.
I had the controller antenna parallel to the ground and the craft antenna mounted to the CF Frame parallel to the ground too
Sweet! - I thought you used the Air on this...

Like I said before, you have too much fun with your drones. :D I'm looking forward to your next rocket video too! Up to 10,000 feet with one of those rockets is impressive. Beats the heck out of my Estes rocket flights when I was a kid for sure.

Reactions: pmshop
But most of my friends are here.
Got everything signed sealed and delivered for my 3,000ft flight to capture nitrous oxide rockets reaching Mach 1 +.
The rocket group (Systems GO!) has the authorization up to 10,000ft with the FAA, I have authorization from Systems GO! to "piggy back" their FAA authorization and DJI has unlocked my altitude limit for my Mavic Air.
Now, just praying for good weather!!!
2017, 40mph @3K AGL
2018, a feather could have dropped straight from 3K AGL.
Got this with what I called the Albatross - 7lb hulk with 30 min flying time (marker 1:38)
No launches captured though.
1) misfire and
2) took me longer to get up than I thought...speed accelerated for effect to match the planned 750cm/s vertical speed
Keep it coming! I love to see your progress.

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme