Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I need an app locate gps coordinates

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
I have the gps coordinates where my Spark probably went down from the flight log. I'm looking for an android app that will lead me to that point. So far all I can do is write those coordinates down then try to locate from my own coordinates which is awkward. None of the apps I've found so far seem to let you enter the coordinates you're looking for, rather than an address. I'm sure such an app would be in great demand by bank robbers, drug dealers and such who bury their loot in the desert.

Try Google Earth. Not maps.

I put my home coordinates in and it worked.
No address involved.

Try Google Earth. Not maps.

I put my home coordinates in and it worked.
No address involved.
That looks like it'll work. Thanks. I guess I'll have to re-enter the coords when I'm ready to search as GEarth doesn't seem to allow me to save till I get there

You could try Viewranger. I use this app to record my hikes and do all kinds of interesting gps-stuff. It will allow you to search for a specific location based on coordinates.

Reactions: CarolinaDrones
google earth does not do gps cord.. you need a garmin hand held gps only reciever.. where you can type them in... ebay has them cheap old tech but works... see google maps is for streets and roads and urban.. if your drone went down on a hill you need offline capability with the ablity to enter the cord... there are several apps that do topographical things like hikeing try one of those but a garmin etc etc handheld is the best way to go

google earth does not do gps cord..

Yes it does.

Try it yourself.

Type in the GPS coordinates accurately in the search bar and it will show the area you entered.

i have been enlightened .. ill try it.. still think its best to use a dedicated handheld unit..

still think its best to use a dedicated handheld unit..

I agree.

You might be in an area where cell service is not available, but as long as you can see the sky with a GPS unit, you're good.:)

"Get a Garmin, or get lost."

A sticker I have on my snowmobile trailer.;)

I agree.

You might be in an area where cell service is not available, but as long as you can see the sky with a GPS unit, you're good.:)

"Get a Garmin, or get lost."

A sticker I have on my snowmobile trailer.;)
lol.. sticker is right.. when the shtf and aliens come down on us and or an astroid youll need a garmin lol and food and water and a few women lol

I have the gps coordinates where my Spark probably went down from the flight log. I'm looking for an android app that will lead me to that point. So far all I can do is write those coordinates down then try to locate from my own coordinates which is awkward. None of the apps I've found so far seem to let you enter the coordinates you're looking for, rather than an address. I'm sure such an app would be in great demand by bank robbers, drug dealers and such who bury their loot in the desert.

Google maps works for me, you just enter the coordinates in the search bar. Works very well

Try Back country Navigator. Best eleven bucks I ever spent. Use for golf and hunting. Paid versions allows unlimited downloads of maps for off line use in areas without data coverage.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef