Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

If you are thinking of buying a portable charging station hope this helps

Nice unboxing video. The Smatree looks like a quality product.

When I bought my DJI charging station, the Smatree wasn’t available. Today if I had to choose I think I would still go with DJIs charger. What I love about the charging station and bag that goes with it is that it is a truly portable system that not only charges 3 batteries, but also replaces a case for the Spark and controller. In addition to charging the Spark and 2 extra batteries, it protects the Spark and gimbal. No need for a separate case or gimbal protector. The Charging Station/bag holds Spark with battery plus 2 extra batteries and the controller all in ONE small compact hard shell bag. It also has a USB port like the Smatree to charge your controller or phone.

The Smatree may charge simultaneously and may have more capacity, but it doesn’t charge or hold the Spark. If you are seeking portability then the Charging Station has no competition. With the Smatree you will have more pieces/cases to carry. I can leave my charger at home, go out with my Charging Station (with Spark and 3 batteries) plus the controller and my DSLR and fly/shoot pretty much all day.

I don’t doubt that the Smatree is a great charger but for me portability is key and reducing the number of pieces I need to carry when hiking, canoeing/kayaking, or biking is most important.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

I totally agree about the portability of having a charger & spark case in one :) . Before buying the smatree I have taken into considerations the pros & cons of both the items & initially my choice was DJI But since I needed more power which the DJI lacks in addition to the longer charging hours I went for smatree . I carry my drone on the original (box type ) case & smatree separately & was accustomed to it :)

Reactions: Chrislaf
I have the combo..everything..Spark, Controller and charger plus two extra batteries..that makes three .. all fit easily in the great bag that is included along with a heck of a lot more.

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
After weighing the pros and cons, I too went for the DJI charger and not Smatree. The Spark batteries aren't cheap by any means and I didn't want any non-DJI charger to fry them up with fast charging. And as mentioned above, the DJI charger along with two extra batteries and the Spark put in its case makes a much neater package to carry around.

Reactions: sparkflyJEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit