Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I'm Hooked

ol' Sparky

Join
Mar 10, 2019
Bought a Spark few weeks ago and am having a blast with it in BC.
Going slow and learning more everyday.
Few scary flyaway stories worry me, but smooth flying so far.
Too bad about the stupid questions in the governments' license test.

Reactions: JJJONZ and msinger
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, ol' Sparky.

The Spark is a fun little drone.

I like your avatar btw. ?

Welcome to the Forum.?

Reactions: ol' Sparky
Nah! Those stories are only to scare kids who fly irresponsibly. ;)
Welcome to the forum. :)

Sounds just like me...3 weeks and having a blast. I'm definitely taking it slow and easy, haven't engaged sport mode yet!
A very warm welcome to you too. :)
Since you mentioned being cautious about Sports mode, let me just bring to your kind attention that QuickShot modes and Active Track mode can be equally dangerous too. Always keep the AC in LOS and hit the pause button on the RC whenever your "spider sense starts tingling".

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Nah! Those stories are only to scare kids who fly irresponsibly. ;)
Welcome to the forum. :)

A very warm welcome to you too. :)
Since you mentioned being cautious about Sports mode, let me just bring to your kind attention that QuickShot modes and Active Track modes can be equally dangerous too. Always keep the AC in LOS and hit the pause button on the RC whenever your "spider sense starts tingling".
Excellent advice!

Reactions: nilanjan118
Bought a Spark few weeks ago and am having a blast with it in BC.
Going slow and learning more everyday.
Too bad about the stupid questions in the governments' license test.

Welcome. I'm new at Christmas. Stidied and got the Part 107. Learning and learning. Enjoy. When taking off, hover for a short while until you see the "Retun to Home" location is set. Some fly aways are not real fly away, just returning to the last home location is set.

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Same story here, a lot of study and reasearch about drone flying (no 107, I’m doing it for recreation) before buying the Spark 3 weeks ago 13 flights and loved it.

Then I tried flying it with the Litchi app... now I’m really hooked. Just have to learn about video and photography settings now, I’m completely illiterate in the subject . Any recommendations on how to learn about camera settings?

I hope this helps you?

Thank you and yes I already have studied lots of videos and documents about Litchi. Already flown 7 waypoints missions (amazing).

It’s video and photography where I need help. Don’t know how to set up the camera. Flew a mission at night and came up very blurry.

Thanx for all your greetings! Happy to be here. Learned a few things already (concrete interferes with the compass calibration?!? Who knew?)

Reactions: msinger
Thanx for all your greetings! Happy to be here. Learned a few things already (concrete interferes with the compass calibration?!? Who knew?)
Concrete generally has rebar on it, all metal structures are prompt to cause interference and should avoid it. I normally launch from the grass or wood deck using a landing pad from hoodman

Welcome from Ontario. Avoiding any structure when taking off is wise.... there are metals hiding inside lots of concrete, brick and masonary structures. I have all metal roofs at my place, so i keep away when launching. And blutooth is evil when handling/flying a Spark, turn it off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme