Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Incorrect data from Litchi/Airdata

Mtntrogger

Join
Aug 16, 2019
Noticed a bizarre series of errors yesterday. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
I was using Litchi to run waypoint missions. I have run this one mission a couple of times before, so I am very familiar with the distance. I just got a used P3S and wanted to test it out on a legit waypoint mission. So I ran it with the spark first to be sure everything was fine (even though Ive run it with the spark before) I was paranoid about sending the Phantom. After the spark made it home fine I got up the nerve, and sent the phantom on the exact same mission, she returned just fine. Then I ran a slightly modified version of the mission, using the same waypoints but changing the altitude of a couple of waypoints to get a better angle from higher up. I ran that mission with the trusty spark. Once again the mission was a success.
I knew that this was the farthest mission Ive taken the P3S on. Heres where it got weird.

I went on my computer to check the data on airdata. I like to examine the detailed data for battery errors and other anomaly's. I noticed that all 3 showed substantially different distances and flight paths. None were fully correct, all the tracks are way short of were the bird actually flew. I confirmed by watching the footage. Each mission was flown exactly as programmed, but the airdata information was way off. I did send them a message regarding this, waiting to hear back.

If anyone knows the cause of this or if youve also noticed these errors on airdata please chime in, I really want to know more.
Thank you

That would most likely be the issue then. The log file (from any app) on the mobile device that we upload to Airdata is dependent on the link to the bird, no connection, no log updates. Sometimes when the connection is just spotty you'll get what looks like a full log but it will have missing time.

Reactions: Haggi
That would most likely be the issue then. The log file (from any app) on the mobile device that we upload to Airdata is dependent on the link to the bird, no connection, no log updates. Sometimes when the connection is just spotty you'll get what looks like a full log but it will have missing time.
This is the correct answer.
Logged path will show a straight line from connection lost spot to connection re-established spot.
AC-RC connection strength will most likely vary between drone models.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef