Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Interesting quote from DJI Tech/Tester

No unfortunately I couldn't make it but I went yesterday after hearing about the place from the fb group. Maybe ill see you at the next one though!

No unfortunately I couldn't make it but I went yesterday after hearing about the place from the fb group. Maybe ill see you at the next one though!
Pretty good turn out which included everything from FPV Quad racing to Fixed Wing water landings. The latter of the 2 caught fire after landing in the pond.

Reactions: LMTLESS
Get Litchi up to speed on the Spark with waypoints and I'll be super-crazy happy with it.

Still wouldn't give up the Mavic though. Nope

Here's a 2 Orthomosaic that took me two minutes to shoot with a Spark. If we get waypoints and time lapse camera triggering we could use this thing for surveying.

bigsitegrading2dortho01spark.jpg

It was fairly obvious to me as soon as I bought the drone that it was going to be a very localized selfie type drone. However I do not expect to use any type of system in which I get disconnects and a blank screen. It is happened twice. And the bird was no more than 20 feet ahead of me and 10 foot Up. The green just went red on the controller.

A drone that can fly and shoot excellent quality video at up to 4000' and probably more, is more than just a selfie drone. This is how I have been using it and it fits my need perfectly.

I haven't pushed beyond 4000' yet (actually 3700' and change is as far as I ve been and still had strong signal) but it's still pretty good considering th size and price.

I guess one could make the point that the spark is a compromise, a cross over offering the functions of both a selfie drone and of a regular drone.

I just posted a video i put together which has mostly spark video, some shot at 3000 to 3500' range. It also has a few Mavic clips but honestly it's pretty much impossible to see the difference.

Exumas, Bahamas

Here's a 2 Orthomosaic that took me two minutes to shoot with a Spark. If we get waypoints and time lapse camera triggering we could use this thing for surveying.

bigsitegrading2dortho01spark.jpg
That's great! Do you work in the mining industry? I do, and I bet I could make good money estimating inventory by shooting stockpiles. Lots of people do it already but I have some good connections. Just need the software.

I'm trying to break out in the construction progress field. I was scouting for beauty shots on a Sunday and decided to try my skill at this with the Spark. I went back later with my Typhoon H to make a real one.

Reactions: mp43sniper
It was reported to have a camera similar to the size of an iPhone camera, I have a iPhone SE which takes great video & 12mp stills, but the Spark shots not really not as good ?
Do you think I could have an iPhone lens fitted as a replacement, then I would be really happy ? do you need to tap the screen to focus the Spark ? maybe that's my problem ?

Tapping the screen only sets white balance

It was reported to have a camera similar to the size of an iPhone camera, I have a iPhone SE which takes great video & 12mp stills, but the Spark shots not really not as good ?
The iPhone SE shoots 4k, the Spark 2k video. But the quality of these Spark 2k is top notch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme