Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iOS14.0.1 where is Import button in Photos?

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. Just got 4 batteries away on a beautiful Sunday morning and shot some autumn stills which I’ll share shortly. I have used my Apple SD card adaptor (with mini-SD card in the SD card adaptor) plugged into the lightening port on my iPad6 and guess what there is no “Import” button in Photos. I’ve used this for the 2 years plus I’ve had my Spark. It also doesn’t appear on my wife’s iPad mini4. Having said that it works on my iPhone 6S-both devices have iOS14.0.1. Spoken to Apple Support and it is baffling them. Anyone had similar probs? It’s been escalated to Apple Engineering so will share solution which could be “weeks” according to the guy I spoke to. Thank goodness for iCloud sharing pix across all Apple devices!!

I don't use the same method of moving files with the Apple SD card adapter, but I looked on my iPad mini running iPadOS 14.0.1 and I don't see a button. I also checked my iPhone running OS 14.2 (Beta) and don't see one either.

However, keep in mind you also have the AirDrop feature to move files between Apple devices which is amazingly fast.

I don't use the same method of moving files with the Apple SD card adapter, but I looked on my iPad mini running iPadOS 14.0.1 and I don't see a button. I also checked my iPhone running OS 14.2 (Beta) and don't see one either.

However, keep in mind you also have the AirDrop feature to move files between Apple devices which is amazingly fast.

Yes thanks. As mentioned it’s gone across all my devices (including the iPads) thanks to iCloud sharing from my iPhone6S. Sort of glad it’s not just me though!!

I just had a look at my ipad mini and when I connected my SD card to the iPad I found that you can click on the icon in the upper left hand corner of the iPad, which will bring up a menu. It will recognise the firewire connector in the devices section of the menu. Mine just says 'no name'. If you click on that you will see all your photos displayed on the right with the ability to import them all to the ipad. I hope this helps you out with your problem.

OMG you and this Forum never disappoint-well, actually I don’t know you but on this issue you have cracked a problem that even the senior engineers at Apple couldn’t sort. It is “being looked into and we will respond in a few weeks after we have found a solution......”. Thank you. Hope others who may not have known this will read this post. Brilliant!

Reactions: Spark 317 and jmac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme