Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iPad or iPhone?

perrylawrence

Join
Oct 21, 2017
I just sold my 3DR Solo and looking to get the Spark. Can I use my iPad 2 with the Spark (with and without controller) or does it only work with the iPhone? I have iPhone 7+

You can use any Apple device on this list.

Reactions: perrylawrence
As stated above, check the "list". I will say that even if an Ipad is supported, the older Ipad's processors can be a bit slower. While never problematic; here is my real-world experience. I have an Ipad Air, Ipad Air 2, and an Ipad Mini 4 I use with my various DJI drones. While all have worked I noticed the Ipad Air would on occasion have minor "image refresh" issue. For a split second half the display may momentarily freeze, or the screen may partially re-draw with a portion of the screen "green". Now compared to my Ipad Air 2, that refresh issue rarely happens, but does. On my Ipad Mini 4, I've never seen the "refresh" issue.

Other than the occasional refresh, they've all functioned without any major issues. Never lost signal, never anything catastrophic that had me fearing for the loss of my Drone.

And yes, I've reloaded the various software apps, played with the settings, etc.

I just sold my 3DR Solo and looking to get the Spark. Can I use my iPad 2 with the Spark (with and without controller) or does it only work with the iPhone? I have iPhone 7+

Reactions: perrylawrence

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh