Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

IPhone X for RC Controller

Join
Nov 30, 2017
Loc
Highlands Ranch, CO
In my “day job” I’m an Apple blogger, so back when they first became available I picked up an iPhone X on Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Plan (that’s the only way I could afford one!). I have to say that it is an excellent display for the RC controller.

The OLED display is perfectly readable even in bright sunlight with sunglasses on. I’ve had no issues with disconnection from the controller, and the battery dropped about 10% after two full-battery flights. Don’t plan on using a case on the X when fitting it into the grips on the controller, as even thin line cases will prevent it from fitting in.

With the 256GB model, you can store a heck of a lot of screen video captures, too.

Anyone else using an X, 8, or 8 Plus?

Steve

Reactions: aviscomi
Good news...thanks for the update

I would just use a old I phone from the 6 series and up that I didn’t not trade in or my older I pad.
IMO using a expensive phone like the I phone x is over kill.

I’m running the iPhone X in an otter box commuter. I took an exact-o knife to the rubber inserts in the controller and it fits like a glove now. Excellent display and I don’t have to rip my phone out of its case or use an aftermarket mount like I did with my 6s+

IPhone X, with thin case. Much better now they’ve made use of the display - exactly what I bought the X for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis