Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

No Password on Back of Spark Controller

Join
Nov 13, 2021
I was given an unused Spark from a friend. I have been able to turn on the drone, turn on the controller, bind the controller to the drone, and the controller Wi-Fi network 'Spark-RC-66ad92' appears in my Wi-Fi list. Put in the default password, '12341234' (Password unreadable on white label on back of controller) Then, I got two error messages in succession, 'Weak Security'. Then 5 seconds later I got the message, 'No Internet Connection'. I then clicked on 'No Internet Connection' and was taken to the 3rd image below for an explanation. There was nothing relevant under the link, 'Learn More'.

I have T-Mobile and an iPhone 12 Pro Max with 5G running IOS 14.8.1. Good 5G Internet Connection. One second internet response times. My iPhone 12 Pro Max is supported...confirmed by a knowledgeable forum member and DJI Tech Support. Cellular Data is switched 'On'. I experimented by turning 0n & Off, 'Private Network'. No Effect.

I understand the ' week security' message since I'm using '12341234'. But I don't understand the ' no Internet connection' and what I can do about it.

I don't think T-Mobile will fess up to it being their problem since I get great 5G internet service.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution...or do you have a suggestion even if you haven't encountered this problem?

Three snapshots of my iPhone screens attached.,

Thank You!

Attachments

• Spark Pilots Weak Security Message #1.gif
    Spark Pilots Weak Security Message #1.gif
    42.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Spark Pilots No Internet Message #2.gif
    Spark Pilots No Internet Message #2.gif
    68.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Spark Pilots Explanation No Internet Connection #3.gif
    Spark Pilots Explanation No Internet Connection #3.gif
    111.3 KB · Views: 3
That’s normal. The Spark’s network is not connected to the internet. And your mobile device is alerting you of that since most people connect to Wi-Fi networks in order to access the internet.

Are you using an OTG cable from the controller to the Spark? You don't need internet at all. It doesn't even need to be an active phone.

Reactions: giolodovico
Are you using an OTG cable from the controller to the Spark? You don't need internet at all. It doesn't even need to be an active phone.
Thank you to SoccerRef12 and MSinger. My friend just gave me his old Spark. This is my 1st DJI drone. I'm learning as I go. Thanks for the leg up. Just bought an OTG cable on eBay for lighting connecter.

You need to connect to the controller, not the drone itself unless you want to fly with phone only not contoller.

Thank you to SoccerRef12 and MSinger. My friend just gave me his old Spark. This is my 1st DJI drone. I'm learning as I go. Thanks for the leg up. Just bought an OTG cable on eBay for lighting connecter.
You will find the OTG cable to be much more dependable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme