Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ireland The West Coast

Very cool. The only small recommendation would be to crop the pictures to have the same dimensions (aspect ratio?} as the videos. Very well done!

Reactions: Rendlesham UAP
im Off to Dublin in December and would love to take my Spark! any issues about Flying in Ireland?

Best ad for travelling to Ireland. Tks !
About the dimensions with the stills i agree with SoccerRef12.

That is an epic production in every way!! Outstanding editing and a most enjoyable tour of Ireland. Thank you for sharing that one with us. ? ?

Reactions: Rendlesham UAP
Nice work Rendlesham UAP. Smooth flying and post work. Such a beautiful country. Thanks for the look.

Cheers lad
Very cinematic, great job! Such a beautiful place Ireland, would love to see more.
Very cinematic, great job! Such a beautiful place Ireland, would love to see more.
That is an epic production in every way!! Outstanding editing and a most enjoyable tour of Ireland. Thank you for sharing that one with us. ? ?
Thanks pal

General Rules for Flying a Drone in Ireland
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Ireland.
  • If you plan to fly above 15 meters (49 feet) and your drone weighs more than 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) you must register your drone. You can register on the IAA’s website here.
  • As best we can tell, the same rules apply to recreational and commercial drone operators, with no special licensing or permit requirements for commercial operations.
  • Registered drones may not be flown above 120 meters (394 feet).
  • Registered drones may not weigh more than 25 kilograms (55 pounds).
  • Drone pilots must maintain a direct line of sight with their drone during operations, and may not fly more than 300 meters (984 feet).
  • Drones may not fly within 5 kilometers (3 miles) of any airport.
  • Drones may not fly within 30 meters (98.4 feet) of people, crowds, vehicles, or buildings.
  • Drone insurance is recommended by the IAA, but is not legally required.
  • Drones cannot be flown over national monuments.
  • Drones may be flown
Found this on The Irish website, doesnt look too onerous, Thanks Lhads!

Ill be flying Emirates and this is Their Policy from their Website

Drones are not allowed as cabin baggage
For safety reasons, we can’t allow drones on board as cabin baggage. Drones can be accepted as checked-in baggage only. If you have a drone in your checked-in baggage you’ll be asked to either secure the Lithium batteries within the drone or remove the batteries and carry them in your cabin baggage. This regulation still applies even if you’re connecting to our flights from an airline that has accepted drones as cabin baggage.

I very much enjoyed your video thanks for sharing ?

Jeff ?

Drones are not allowed as cabin baggage
For safety reasons, we can’t allow drones on board as cabin baggage. Drones can be accepted as checked-in baggage only. If you have a drone in your checked-in baggage you’ll be asked to either secure the Lithium batteries within the drone or remove the batteries and carry them in your cabin baggage. This regulation still applies even if you’re connecting to our flights from an airline that has accepted drones as cabin baggage.
Last July and August I spent about a month in the UK and France. I traveled with my camera and my Spark in my backpack, which I carried on board the planes. I took several flights between France, Scotland, and London. I never had any problems, other once where they wanted to check the where I had stored the batteries.

Lovely video and great music. I found flying around Dublin difficult. Would lose connectivity 75 mtrs out and I was using an OTG cable. Lots of beautiful scenery in Ireland. You could spend years filming and not even touch the surface.

Lovely video and great music. I found flying around Dublin difficult. Would lose connectivity 75 mtrs out and I was using an OTG cable. Lots of beautiful scenery in Ireland. You could spend years filming and not even touch the surface.
Yes city flying with any range can be challenging and frustrating.

Was considering going to Ireland when I was in the UK last summer but ran out of time. Spent too much time in Winchester filming a music video. Curious, what is the name of the song that you used. Great choice on the music.

Thanks so much. It was just a compilation exercise. The music is by Vangelis. Not sure which piece but it's from his recent Nocturnes album. And yes music choice has so much to offer the end result.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme