Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is B4UFLY updated app worth downloading?

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
I wasn't sure where to post the question, but it's kinda related to rules-&-regs, but kinda related to software. Anyway, looking at Play Store ratings for B4UFLY, its a mix of 5 stars and 1 stars with some saying the revamped app by Kittyhawk is a boon, others saying it's worthless and says "good to go" when the user is standing at an airfield perimeter fence. What say ye?

The map data loads slowly in B4UFLY and it doesn't do anything Kittyhawk (or Airmap) can't do. For those reasons, I normally just use Airmap.

It won't take much time to install it and decide for yourself though.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
I used b4ufly in destin,Florida and it said I was not allowed to fly. But I was allowed to fly with dji go 4 after I did an update. B4ufly indicated I could not fly on the beach. There were other drones in the air and I also flew at the beach. I just got a warning which I had to acknowledge before I could
Fly.

I used b4ufly in destin,Florida and it said I was not allowed to fly. But I was allowed to fly with dji go 4 after I did an update. B4ufly indicated I could not fly on the beach. There were other drones in the air and I also flew at the beach. I just got a warning which I had to acknowledge before I could
Fly.
Destin is very likely under Eglin and probably Hurlbert Field USAF base airspace. That whole part of the Florida panhandle is heavily military from Tyndall AFB close to Panama City, all the way over to the Alabama/Florida line due to USAF and USN installations. I flew my family to Pensacola a few years ago and there are specific corridors to transit and communication with those authorities is a must. There are three Class C airspaces in and around Pensacola alone, so it pays to be aware.

I had downloaded it after the update but it doesn't give you the information Kitty Hawk does so I deleted B4UFLY and use Kitty Hawk and love it. Plus you cannot connect to LAANC through B4UFLY but you can with Kitty Hawk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502