Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is DJI Care Refresh transferable to another spark?

NyJosh

Join
Jan 23, 2018
Hi all,

I just bought a Spark and haven't had a chance to fly it yet. I do intend to buy DJI Care Refresh and I want to get the Spark setup in the app and update firmware, etc. but I don't know if I'll be able to fly it in the next two days.

My question is: if I buy Care / Refresh now (since it has to be activated within two days of activating the drone) and on my first flight discover a defect with the drone and have to exchange it at the store for a new one, will I be able to transfer Care/Refresh to the new one?

Obviously I'm hoping it'll be perfect out of the box, but want to minimize my hassle if the worst ends up being the case.

Should I just save myself the headache and not setup the drone in the app (thereby not starting the clock for care/refresh) until I'm actually ready to fly it? I'm jazzed about having it and want to get it setup and ready to go, but can force patience upon myself if I have to. ;)

You don't 'exchange' it to the store...you have to pay $49 to send it into DJI to diagnose & let you know the issues, then determine what they will do next...

You can get it transferred if you get your machine fixed or exchanged under warranty, yes.

Beachcombing nailed what I needed (Thanks!). To clarify, if I discover the drone is defective and am still in the return period at the store, I will just exchange it at the store rather than deal with shipping a brand new item back to the manufacturer, etc. So my question was solely around that scenario.

Thanks to all who chimed in!

You can get it transferred if you get your machine fixed or exchanged under warranty, yes.
Hi Kilrah
Is your statement based on your own experience?
I’m asking because I bought a Spark in January, it failed and I sent it to Nederland for repair. I got a refurbished one back that didn’t worked on sports mode. The Danish distributor have now been so kind that the have replaced the faulty refurbished drone with a new one, but they are not fully sure that DJI will move my DJI care from the refurbished drone to the new one now.
They have requested DJI to transfer, but still no response so far.
Thanks

————————————————

UPDATE
Just got an update, my Care have now been transferred to my new drone, thanks DJI for fast handling

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex