Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is video gestures working?

Sau

Join
Jul 25, 2017
After upgrading my Spark to firmware v1.00.0500 I tested all features and hoped that the video gesture would work. I was not able to make it grab any videos at all.

I tried all combinations of 45 degrees arm positions described in the Go App. Tutorial but none worked.

Has anybody made this work?

By the way I am very impressed with the 180 degrees Pano mode. Absolutely amazing shots you can get.:)

Attachments

• IMG_8240_edit.jpg
    IMG_8240_edit.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: motard
Made a video this afternoon of the gesture working.

Reactions: Dronason
Only thing I might suggest is wait for the front lights to turn sold red before trying the gesture. Then when it successfully registers the gesture it will blink the red lights and then turn them off for recording. Same gesture to stop and the red lights should come back on.

UGH. Very frustrating. I tried WITH my phone (and then ipad after) and video mode worked. What the heck? The only thing as this point I can think of is that in my video earlier I had the drone further away from me? Don't know what else...the drone was power cycled several times earlier before testing. Dunno lol.

Made a video this afternoon of the gesture working.

Nice video - looks like the gesture video recording works fine. Can't wait to try it myself this aftenroen!

On a separere note; I think you are too close for Palm Control (status LEDs are flashing yellow) - your palm should be approx. 70cm/ 2 feet away from the sensor.

Cheers
Morten

Reactions: His415
Finally I made it work. :) Thanks to all the good feedback.
I can activate it after hand launch when it is up close.
I still can't activate video recording after waving and it flies up and away. I expected it to be able to start the video recording at this position just like taking a selfie works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502