Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Italian Rules from ENAC

bignathan88

Join
Sep 19, 2017
Don't know if it is good to write it here, but I would like to share with you what Italian law says about drones.
Before starting I want to precise that I'm not a teacher, expert or licensed UAV pilot. I'm just a hobby level pilot so these rules that I will share are to be intended for people that will use their quads not professionally. Those who has a license and are professionists surely knows the international laws better than me and most likely they know where to find more precise infos than mine.

• It is FORBIDDEN to fly a drone in "critical" sceneries, such as in gardens where people has activities or generally inside an inhabitated center as a city.
  • It is POSSIBLE to fly a drone if its general weight, propellers guards included, is equal or lower than 300 grams.
  • It's FORBIDDEN to fly a drone in places where are people (for example during weddings or in the beach with people a drone should NEVER fly)
  • It is FORBIDDEN to fly a drone near military buildings
  • If there is an airport it is NOT allowed to make the drone fly within 5 kms of radius
  • The pilot is NOT allowed to fly a drone in night time and MUST always have visual contact with the quadcopter
  • The pilot without a license can fly its drone inside a "cilinder" of 70 m of height AGL and 200 m radius
These are the basic rules here in Italy. Obviously it is a very short list and ENAC documents are much longer, but I think that it could be a good summarization. Anyway I noticed that the DJI map is quite precise so it should not be a big problem if you come here in Italy.
Hope it will be useful and, much more important, I hope in an italian user that is more informed than me so he can implement and correct this thread.

Source:
https://www.enac.gov.it/Home/

The DJI Spark is 302 grams.

• The pilot without a license can fly its drone inside a "cilinder" of 70 m of height AGL and 200 m radius
Those are the presets I will use.

In Switzerland they specify height to be below 100-150m but there is no limitation other than visual contact.

The DJI Spark is 302 grams.

Those are the presets I will use.

In Switzerland they specify height to be below 100-150m but there is no limitation other than visual contact.
So 2 grams to remove.

Here in Romania, you are required to phone the Ministry of Defence (MOD) at least 30 mins before flying, giving aircraft details (they must be registered here) & God co-ordinates of your intended flight zone & await their authorisation to fly. You can't fly over stadia and of course not enter airport airspace or MOD zones. Also you cant fly in or along a 30 km band along borders - there must be a way to do this as there is great video of the Danube, which is the border between Romania & Serbia.

Officially the SPark should be 300grams. But the point is that if it were 300 grams WITH the props guards you would be able to fly in critical scenarios such as a gardens in a city. But actually the Spark is not allowed to do.
To be honest my Spark's weight is 304 grams and more than 340 with guards. You can find all the infos in the ENAC site. It is sad the "fly cilinder" that I'm authorized to fly in.
70 Height x 200 Radius.

All would be more easy if the only rule would be the good sense one...I lack in height. Some pics would be so amazing if 100 meters or plus. Until 200 i guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers