Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just Used Litchi for First Time

Rtristani

Join
Jun 10, 2018
Loc
Newport News, VA, USA
Hello Sparkers! I just used Litchi for the first time and wanted to share my experiences. First, the user interface is very good. It is different than DJI's, but it is good. I used the ordinary mode and just flew it with sticks. Then i made a preprogrammed route with 5 waypoints, set them all to 9 feet, and ran it. It uploaded and took off, doing the waypoints exactly like it was supposed to. I reran the flight again just for the amazement of seeing the Spark fly on its own. The only downside to it, and i wont use it again until they release a new version, is that it kept crashing on me. Litchi would just quit and ask if i wanted to send feedback! While the drone was in the air! I intend to wait until a new version is released, and the try it again. I fly with a Samsung Galaxy tab A 8.0. It works great with everything else.

App crash is something which I was experiencing with Litchi as well. Now I always make it a point to put my phone in Airplane mode and then reboot it once before using Litchi. It has worked quite well so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rtristani
I just ran Litchi successfully for the first time yesterday as well. Love it! I had been having app crashes previously and found a post about making sure DJI GO is not selected as a default app. That was my issue. Maybe try that. Also, maybe re-boot the tablet before trying Litchi next time.

I have come to the opinion that iPads are better for flying DJI equipment than Android devices. If I didnt already have an Android, i would look for an iPad. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it[emoji3]

Be sure to to force stop both applications prior using either one if on same device/tablet/phone. ONe will interfere with the other if the other is not force closed via the settings menu. May be cause of your app crashes. Never had one using LIthci beta.

I've got two different iPad's I've flown Litchi on (a new one and an old iPad Mini 2), both work fine and have never crashed running Litchi. I also use a Samsung G6 edge that works great running Litchi missions.

I have had litchi for over a year got it shortly after I got my spark. As others have said you have to force stop dji go before starting litchi. I reall enjoy the virtual litchi mission maker. Being able to plan flights in Google earth and fly them virtually is really cool and adds a new level to flying and planning flights and photos. Last I knew it wasn't working with otg? If they ever fix that it would be my go to for flying.

I have had litchi for over a year got it shortly after I got my spark. As others have said you have to force stop dji go before starting litchi. I reall enjoy the virtual litchi mission maker. Being able to plan flights in Google earth and fly them virtually is really cool and adds a new level to flying and planning flights and photos. Last I knew it wasn't working with otg? If they ever fix that it would be my go to for flying.

It works with OTG now.

Reactions: MarRoh
I've got a note 8 and it's running great on that with otg cable. I force killed go4 before I started litchi but still had problems until I unchecked go4 as the default app. I've run it several times now and it seems solid with the otg cable.

Other code libraries that get installed 'under the hood' seem to cause problems with some mobile processors. I've done the force-kill and uncheck on my Lenovo YogaBook tablet, and Litchi is sort of a hit-n-miss.

Drone Harmony - my preferred automated flight track creator - is even worse on the tablet, crashing just after start-up, but runs perfectly on my mobile phones. The DH developers commented to me in their 'app crashes' forum thread: "With the latest update we also updated to the new DJI SDK libraries, it might be that there are some instabilities there...
The crash happens due to DJI not being able to resolve a class on the Intel architecture. We opened a ticket about this on their support page: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/555 ... htcontroll
We might be able to disable some functionalities in order to not use this class until DJI fixes this issue. But it is likely that we have to wait for DJI to properly support your device architecture."

(then later that day...)

"...unfortunately, I learned yesterday from our CTO that is unlikely that we can do it, as there is too much functionality that would have to be disabled. For example, in our last update, we disabled our readout of the IMU Sensors when connecting the drone, as it used to cause crashes for your device (Intel arch). This was only partially helping since now the Compass readout crashes in a similar style.

We are looking into getting a similar device, to test and come up with a workaround solution. But it will take us some time. The real solution only DJI can provide."

If you continue to have problems with certain apps, regardless of the fixes mentioned here, just keep sending in the bug reports to your preferred software developers and they will eventually figure out how to fix them. They need all the help we can give! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast