Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Kayaking with the Spark

Have you tried the activetrack while kayaking? I'd be worried that it would return to home in the water.
(Still learning mine)

Have you tried the activetrack while kayaking? I'd be worried that it would return to home in the water.
(Still learning mine)
I haven't tried that yet. That's the next thing I want to try. I wanted to make sure that I could launch and retrieve several times without issues first.

And as you can see by the ripples, the wind picked up a bit.

I would think that if it started to RTH, you could just cancel it and fly back manually.

Great photos, the ripples remind me of Japanese Karesansui (Sand raking art)
Thanks. I love the ripples. Still working on the exposure. Since the Spark doesn't have a whole lot of camera controls, I'm still tweaking. The camera really wanted to overexpose the glare coming off the kayaks. And I had an ND32 filter on.

Thanks. I love the ripples. Still working on the exposure. Since the Spark doesn't have a whole lot of camera controls, I'm still tweaking. The camera really wanted to overexpose the glare coming off the kayaks. And I had an ND32 filter on.
Try with a PL filter. That will cut the glare on the water and greenery. Much more useful than an ND filter for still photos.

Reactions: beachcombing
I’ve tried this with mixed results.

IF it goes well you get good shots.
A combined ND and CPL helps a lot.
(I use the PolarPro vivid set - they are expensive but I’ve had good results with them)

There’s no way to really protect your RC from the water and keep using it, so real care must be taken.

The bit I didn’t factor for (as stupid as it sounds) is the flow of the river ie you are continuously changing position so landing can be tricky.
I found flying behind you (upstream) meant it was easier to stop paddling and manually control the spark back into your hands.

There’s no way to really protect your RC from the water and keep using it, so real care must be taken.

What about a gallon size Zip-Loc bag?

Works great for cell phones.

Or would the plastic block the RC signals?

What about a gallon size Zip-Loc bag?

Works great for cell phones.

Or would the plastic block the RC signals?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme