Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Keep a log book of your flight times...

pmshop

Spark Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 6, 2017
Loc
Fredericksburg, Texas, USA
Web
www.youtube.com
For the newcomers or those that may want to become Part 107 licensed in the USA:

While studying for my Part 107, the instructor in a $50 class said the following:

"Now here is where you are going to kick yourself. Remember when you got your first drone and started flying? Log ALL the flight times. It does not matter if it is hobbyist flight time or commercial flight time...it is all flight time. Say you walk into a commercial job and you mention 'I have 20 hours flight time'. The customer will be like 'that's nice'. But show you have 200 hours and it will be 'let's do business'."

Sometimes quantity doesn't speak quality, you might ruin your customer's expectations by acting pretentiously or trying to do something that's out of your capabilities.

Sometimes quantity doesn't speak quality, you might ruin your customer's expectations by acting pretentiously or trying to do something that's out of your capabilities.

I have to disagree... in the world of aviation, flight time is a measure of experience, its an accepted quantity, it counts towards various licensing levels, etc. How would a customer equate that negatively to your professionalism? That would be pretentious of them....

I have to disagree... in the world of aviation, flight time is a measure of experience, its an accepted quantity, it counts towards various licensing levels, etc. How would a customer equate that negatively to your professionalism? That would be pretentious of them....

Pretentious is exactly the hobby we got into.
What I mean there are so any preconceptions of what drones are, lets have a little positive preconceptions in our favor.

One could only hope they would get better and build proper skills with more flight time.

But alas, I know people that have been driving for 30 years and still suck. :eek:

I really like the thought process behind this but perhaps there’s a way to print the flight logs from Go4 app?

I really like the thought process behind this but perhaps there’s a way to print the flight logs from Go4 app?

I am not affiliated with but there is DroneLogbook.com which is what I have been using for years.
Free for the hobbyist - nominal monthly fee for USA Part 107 commercial

After you upload your flight logs to the DJI serve from the GO 4 app, DroneLogbook (partnered with DJI) can automatically import the log files.
Just make sure when you setup your inventory, enter the serial numbers on all your stuff and the name you have given your Spark.
That is how it identifies.

There are other logbooks out there too.
As a hobbyist account, not much to printing logs but commercial has full options to print everything required under Part 107

Going commercial ends the notion of hobby in my mind... you cannot equate the two.

Over here as a Part 107 you can fly as a hobbyist still.
Determining factor:
Are you making money?
Yes - Part 107
no - section 336

So you can fly as a hobbyist under Part 107 so long as you do not make money.

But you cannot fly commercial without Part 107.

Over here as a Part 107 you can fly as a hobbyist still.
Determining factor:
Are you making money?
Yes - Part 107
no - section 336

So you can fly as a hobbyist under Part 107 so long as you do not make money.

But you cannot fly commercial without Part 107.

Ah yes, governmental gobbledygook! Silly FAA. Well, I get it now. So here I think you are either a hobbyist or a business... my confusion explained.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef