Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Keeping Loose - June 11, 2018

Hmmm.... I see a lot of metal roofs that you are flying fairly close to... no issues? All my buildings at the farm are metal roofs, and I've been keeping my distance for fear of compass issues. Perhaps I am being too cautious?

No issues at all.
Been buzzing them since October '17 with the Spark

No issues at all.
Been buzzing them since October '17 with the Spark

Thanks. Still early days for me. I feel a little braver each time I go up. I am, so far, not flying off my own property, we have 108 acres, most of which is forest, one of my goals with a drone is to see the back corners of the property, I have only made it back to one back corner on the ground. Its like a jungle, our Boreal forest (Taiga). I am still cutting trails 11 years into owning the place.

Reactions: pmshop
Thanks. Still early days for me. I feel a little braver each time I go up. I am, so far, not flying off my own property, we have 108 acres, most of which is forest, one of my goals with a drone is to see the back corners of the property, I have only made it back to one back corner on the ground. Its like a jungle, our Boreal forest (Taiga). I am still cutting trails 11 years into owning the place.

I understand completely.

If you have not seen my history on other posts, I have been flying for 3.25 years now.
Started by "sweeping the floors" with a SYMA X5C and then wound up building my own.
I needed something like the Spark so I would not miss a shot like I did one day with my DIY.
Had a compass mismatch and took 30 minutes to resolve.
By then, the shot was gone.

It takes time but once you get your first long distance and build confidence...
You can do anything...
Examples were not with a Spark of course :D
But that is what got my nerve up.

How close did you want me to get to the roofs?

Sorry, meant to reply to this sooner, as close as you dare of course! Actually, I would not really want your beloved spark to come to grief.... As you may have seen in some of my more recent vids, all my roofs are metal, just wondering how close is safe!

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme