Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Kleinmond Coast

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
Kleinmond is a small coastal town in the Overberg region of the Western Cape province, South Africa. It is situated inside a UNESCO-declared biosphere about 90 km east of Cape Town between Betty's Bay and Hermanus. The town's name, meaning "small mouth" in Afrikaans, refers to its location at the mouth of the Bot River lagoon. Tourism plays a large role in the town's economy due to its popularity with holiday makers from across the Western Cape and Cape Town in particular.

From June to November, southern right whales can be seen from the coastline, where they come to mate and calf.

A herd of wild horses is known to roam free in the marshlands at the Bot River lagoon area, next to Rooisands Nature Reserve. They are believed to be South Africa's only herd of wild horses in a wetland habitat. Kleinmond's beach is a Blue Flag beach and is popular with South African holiday makers

1/8/2020
Hope you enjoy.

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

I love the views and you present them very well. The beaches look inviting but having visited further along the coast towards Cape Town I do know there are nasty things in the sea. Is it safe to bathe there.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Droffarc, another great video. It is easy to see how tourism is the attraction in this gorgeous part of the world. Stunning. Thanks for sharing with us.

I love the views and you present them very well. The beaches look inviting but having visited further along the coast towards Cape Town I do know there are nasty things in the sea. Is it safe to bathe there.
In my humble opinion the more dangerous are the bipedals out of the sea. For the most part it is quite safe, depending on where you are.
The resident megalodon is mostly too lazy to get up in the morning 😴 Reckon it is much safer than Bondi beach where you can get run over by a salivating surfer or a roo with nothing better to do, or even a brolly waver.

So when you comming for another visit then Twickers?

Thank for the kind words.

Last edited:
Kleinmond is a small coastal town in the Overberg region of the Western Cape province, South Africa. It is situated inside a UNESCO-declared biosphere about 90 km east of Cape Town between Betty's Bay and Hermanus. The town's name, meaning "small mouth" in Afrikaans, refers to its location at the mouth of the Bot River lagoon. Tourism plays a large role in the town's economy due to its popularity with holiday makers from across the Western Cape and Cape Town in particular.

From June to November, southern right whales can be seen from the coastline, where they come to mate and calf.

A herd of wild horses is known to roam free in the marshlands at the Bot River lagoon area, next to Rooisands Nature Reserve. They are believed to be South Africa's only herd of wild horses in a wetland habitat. Kleinmond's beach is a Blue Flag beach and is popular with South African holiday makers

1/8/2020
Hope you enjoy.

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

Great lovely video , I wouldn’t like to be washed up there in a storm .

In my humble opinion the more dangerous are the bipedals out of the sea. For the most part it is quite safe, depending on where you are.
The resident megalodon is mostly too lazy to get up in the morning 😴 Reckon it is much safer than Bondi beach where you can get run over by a salivating surfer or a roo with nothing better to do, or even a brolly waver.

So when you comming for another visit then Twickers?

Thank for the kind words.
Afraid my Cape Town based first cousin has come over here to live and be with her two other children so draw to consider a trip is diminished. Travelling is such a challenge at the mo but who knows. We love your country.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme